Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OD vs Coyote Tan vs Black

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GunnerMax
    in VA here, I am OD, Coyote tan, and ACU

with woodland cammie top, bottom, and boonie cover.

or if SHTF when im still at my current command, some special cammo they have

The source of all known trouble in the universe

It's black for me, but I adapt to the situations easily.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

I prefer various shades of grey and green. Shadows are nevr truley black. Of course should there be snow the colors change to off white with various patches of grey and light brown.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Crotch Rocket

I went tan because I rattle canned some desert camo a couple years ago and realized dusting it gave me a better effect that going solid OD. But, just because I can doesn't mean I will. Concealment isn't as much my goal as deterrence.

I'm not saying it'll work for everybody, but If I can dissuade all but the most hardened or desperate adversaries because I "look" like too hard of a target (appearances can be deceiving, right? lol) then I'm all for it. I just watched "Swordfish" again the other day. "What the eyes see, and the ears hear, the mind believes."

Besides, when I do tacticool mall ninja shit, like OC my AR at a protest, I need my belt to match my shoes.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

I'd go black... because it is more likely what is seen here than tan. But I'd also go with a white breakup... for the other 6 months.

You gotta pick your colours to match the environment that you're in.

I'll most likely shit myself

Most of what I have is OD or Black, but I'm going to add some Tan to contrast. And like has been said You gotta match the enviroment.

Do you have a robot?
    I look at black as being a target indicator. I think OD will fit in from forest to urban. Tans will do the same only with more arid climates. As for the various camo patterns I pretty much stay away from them. Some of the new ones that are currently be considered are interesting however for blending in with the general population I prefer solid colors.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    While I probably have 4 or 5 different sets of camo, I've been leaning lately towards the "partisan soldier" look. Just basic solid earth colors.
    I have some of the Duluth Trading fire hose material cargo pants, in tan and brown. I also have the Duluth coolmax long sleeve shirts, in od green. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm wearing in my avatar photo. It was taken at a 2-day 3-gun shoot, in Aug 2010 It's a recon shoot, meaning you load up for the day, and cannot add or subtract anything from your load, except to add water, and what ammo is used, and food you consume.

Do you have a robot?
    Hay don't forget Tactical Pink is big now. There are certain cities that you would feel very welcome...........

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I tend to go with Coyote tan, mainly because I can easily spray paint greens and darker browns on it to adapt to other enviroments.