Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OD vs Coyote Tan vs Black

In his experience the hammer head is better

I read that in the book of Pat also. Ill paint a gun withing the next week or so and post a how to guide.

The Aervoe paint comes highly recommended. Personally I have used Krylon and Rustoleum and it all works very well for me. My guns have all been painted except my USP which may be next, I haven't decided on that for sure yet.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I need to find this "Book of Pat".
    I always respected his opinions.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Pat is a wise man. Many of his teachings are handed down from pupil to pupil. The most cherished ones are handed down among sweat, tears, and expended brass. Those fortunate enough to attend his lecture are indeed blessed. He has a knack for wringing out those who are found wanting.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Its not an actual book for sale. It more or less a compilation of Pat's opinions, how to's, comments and the such and is usually handed person to person, and alot of it is contained on another forum.

Haha Izzy beat me to it

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I started a thread in Weapons on painted guns.
    I will add as desired, but try not to "own" it. I have crap loads of painted guns pics, as I do lots, in some unusual themes.
    Enjoy.

Thanks alot. I added a few pictures and will hopefully be able to paint some more guns and post them. I have a few more schemes I would like to try.

Another thing to remember about winter is camo selection. While many people think that a full white suit makes sense, you don't really want completely white. Think about walking in a tree line the white pants are great and will blend with the ground, however a white shirt will stand out like a sore thumb against the tree line. Just something to remember when your making your camo selection.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I wanna paint my AK with bigfoot camo, because no matter where they say he is, nobody has gotten a good photo. lol. I like camo guns, I'm just kinda chicken about actually rattle canning a gun.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

You can always remove it if you dont like it or just redo it. Once you do it you wont go back, that much I know.

Honestly I am a big fan of Ranger Green over OD or Coyote Tan. That said though, some pouches are difficult to find in ranger green. It seems like it isn't used as often as other options. I'm not even sure if Ranger Green exists in spray paint though if that is the route you are taking.