Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OD vs Coyote Tan vs Black

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

OD vs Coyote Tan vs Black

Alright, I'm at a crossroads when it comes to gear color/pattern and I cant decide which way to go. My current gear setup is all black. But since I've acquired some new flare, I've been been leaning more towards olive drab or coyote. Aside from personal preference, is there anything that would give me more of a blending advantage both urban and rural? I went OD for my plate carrier and am toying with the idea of making the pouches brown.

Just thought I'd stir up a fun debate

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Depends on where your AO is... if your in forested area, OD is best... if your in scrubland and other lighter colored areas then coyote is best... I'd liek to hear others opinions on this as well...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    What he said.
    Personally, I prefer the OD, but tend to mix it up, using both colors. Kinda makes for poor mans camo gear.

I went completely away from black several years ago. One, it's just too hot in the sun, and two, it lights up like Christmas in night vision.
    It's why a lot of my guns are painted or sprayed in some color other than black.
    Of course now, the trend is towards IR, so it won't really matter.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I like OD and tan, personally, I'm all OD as of right now, I like tan in the more arid climates, or in brushy country where you have prairie grasses that go brown early and stay brown once the heat sets in, if I'm in cedar scrub brush and oak country, it's OD. I might consider multicam later on, it seems to be a nice balance of both, you'll notice that the multicam version of your gear is an up-charge to get over OD/Tan/Black because Crye has the pattern on lockdown, and it costs manufacturers more to get the materials and they pass it on to you. I think that tan pants and tan shirt or jacket with OD plate carrier and pouches will blend pretty well in a lot of environments in the US. In The south where we have been suffering thru a drought for years now, tan is ideal, you could lay down and be still, and nobody would see you.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I actually have a fair bit of Multicam, and it works very well here. I just still use my OD and tan.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Give me Tan/Coyote Brown or give me death
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

central TX is becoming very arid. I'm Coyote tan. with a couple of exceptions.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

You should buy something something cheap in different colors to see what works best in your environment. Out of those 3 choices, I prefer OD because it blends better in my environment and my BOL environment better than Coyote or black.

I would go one color though, I've found that mixing gear colors stands out in more than one solid color. This is in my AO though so YMMV.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm a coyote brown/tan kinda guy. Then agian, look where I've been. I'm HEAVILY invested in Multicam, but it also works a LOT of places.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Give me Tan/Coyote Brown or give me death
    Everyone...don't let Stig lie, he is constantly asking me for ACU.....lol.

I'm a tan man as well. Multicam may be in my near future though.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.