Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Concrete

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

World of Concrete

I will be exhibiting for our company at World of Concrete in Las Vegas next week. We'll be in booth N1121 in the North Hall of the Convention Center. If you are attending please stop by and introduce yourself. I may even be enticed into purchasing you a refreshingly cold malt beverage. Last year I even got over to the SHOT show with a buddy. Sadly, it is not concurrent this year.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Well if I was near Vegas I would diffidently be stopping by to say Hi.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Well if I was near Vegas I would diffidently be stopping by to say Hi.
    Same for me but alas I am very far away.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

G, I think it would be awesome for a bunch of us to get together, beer or not.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Aha! You are a concrete expert??? May want to be picking your brain here soon!!!!
    I apologize for nothing...

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

How come the world of concrete show sounds really interesting to a prepper? As a complete nerd who likes to make things, I can see lots of possibilities of finding techniques and products to make stuff i guess. Someone like my wife? She'd probably rather attend the drying paint watcher's convention. Post the cool stuff you see when you're there, somebody may be able to solve a problem with it.

I'll most likely shit myself

Great point AK. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff available that most folks would have never considered.

Do you have a robot?
    Grumpy we are like ships passing in the night, I just got back from there yesterday from the Shot Show. ONe of these days in my travels we need to hook up. Have a good show.

He can get it up, but getting it down again might be, ah, interesting....wait...we're talking about airplanes right?
    Kid brother and I are playing with papercrete. I cast some foamcrete blocks last fall, and they have gotten a lot tougher over the winter. These were skinned with floor wax, and they float, low in the water, but they do float.... I wish Vegas was closer, I'd drop by to pick your brains on some subjects.

Where's the epi?

I have been doing research on ICF's so concrete is very interesting to me right now!
    I apologize for nothing...