Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you live in a 14.long-x-12.ft wide-x-8.ft tall space as your home in the future

I'll most likely shit myself

Damn! Why didn't i think about this sooner. I've been wastin time building a chicken coop.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    ^^^^^^

I wouldn;t stick my MIL in one of those. Id save it for myself. Of course, it would need to be padded, soundproof, and away from children................wait............maybe that would be good for my MIL.................

Izzy maybe it would be better for the kids! Stick it out in the back yard and check on them once a week LOL!
    I apologize for nothing...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Izzy maybe it would be better for the kids! Stick it out in the back yard and check on them once a week LOL!
    Believe you me, the thought has crossed my mind more than once.............

all I need is a human sized rabbit water bottle and an automatic Goldfish cracker dispenser................
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    it would be better if it fed them mc-dees big mac's instead .

Back to the post.I did sit down with her and explain things like how many bars of soap she would need to stock up or how much food or many other things .

i broke alot of it dow into long term and short term areas of storage for her to think about and how much she would need to put away for the future

Do you have a robot?
    It is amazing when you throw the spouse into things. Things just kinda explode.......... I currently have a building this size that I call the arc. For one person it would not be a problem. As to long term for a simple life not a problem however if I was out on my own I would be always tinkering. Because of this I have decided to build a larger one up on my BOL with long term in mind. Storage is a must, I like the root cellar idea, then again there is always a conex box.

Now you need to understand if you have something like this up in the woods all by yourself you need no sound proofing....If you have kids you put them in there and go home..... I have kids.........

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by hank2222 View Post
    Back to the post.I did sit down with her and explain things like how many bars of soap she would need to stock up or how much food or many other things .

i broke alot of it dow into long term and short term areas of storage for her to think about and how much she would need to put away for the future
    How did she respond to it? Is she open to getting things on a large scale? I do have to say that I am surprised that there are so many more men preppers than there are women. It seems nore natural for women to save and store things and prepare for the future than men, don't you? Maybe it's because you guys are always trying to shove us into tiny boxes to live in?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    How did she respond to it? Is she open to getting things on a large scale? I do have to say that I am surprised that there are so many more men preppers than there are women. It seems nore natural for women to save and store things and prepare for the future than men, don't you? Maybe it's because you guys are always trying to shove us into tiny boxes to live in?
    For her budget we talked about how much things would cost from the socalled stand point if you want bigger it going to cost you more type of talk .

As i explained to her that she has no one to take care but herself and she seams to get that the kids have moved to another side of the country and it would likely to have them there if something does happen .It better to prep for herself and maybe if you have extra money maybe throw it toward prepping something for them if they show up at the place .

I explained to her my kids are grown and out of the house and living on there own and they do prep as they see fit for there own supplies and needs for there family .It my understanding that they where not coming back to Az to live if something happens .They have there own places where they own there own homes and bug out places .Since all of them are in the military and live on the east coast area or in the mid west area they are planning to stay put in those areas .

They have said that they would not try to travel back to the home i have in Az so it me and a few older people i know have semi understanding that we are formed a lose group with each person prepping on there own for there own needs and will come to help each other out over matter's of dealing with problem people in the area .

As i explained it to her it about the first part of doing this is spending the money on good items first and go from there .

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by hank2222 View Post
    For her budget we talked about how much things would cost from the socalled stand point if you want bigger it going to cost you more type of talk .

As i explained to her that she has no one to take care but herself and she seams to get that the kids have moved to another side of the country and it would likely to have them there if something does happen .It better to prep for herself and maybe if you have extra money maybe throw it toward prepping something for them if they show up at the place .

I explained to her my kids are grown and out of the house and living on there own and they do prep as they see fit for there own supplies and needs for there family .It my understanding that they where not coming back to Az to live if something happens .They have there own places where they own there own homes and bug out places .Since all of them are in the military and live on the east coast area or in the mid west area they are planning to stay put in those areas .

They have said that they would not try to travel back to the home i have in Az so it me and a few older people i know have semi understanding that we are formed a lose group with each person prepping on there own for there own needs and will come to help each other out over matter's of dealing with problem people in the area .

As i explained it to her it about the first part of doing this is spending the money on good items first and go from there .
    Is she interested in joining our Ladies Forum?

Easily. My dorm room at college was 1/2 that size. I felt like a giant.