Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Projects

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Helmet Projects

As mentioned previously I have an ACH helmet that I've done up for the world has gone to shit situations. It's a standard ACH helmet with an OPScore H-nape chin strap, Tactical Tailor Multicam cover, ESS goggles and a Surefire helmet light.

For non EOTWAWKI situations, you can easily remove the goggles and surefire light and toss it on for working in dangerous areas such as felling trees or clean up post hurricane/tornado.

Honestly I've not worn it for more than a few minutes around the house but I'm hoping to find a day this summer to take it out to some family land so I can spend the day shooting and give it a go to see what needs adjusted.

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

looks good. How's that CVC shell coming along?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Funny you should ask....I was waiting on the paint to dry to bring it in and snap pictures.

I drilled the holes for the Opscore H-nape chin strap and then painted it up.

Used a mixture of Airvoe paints that included tan, coyote, OD drab and field green and used a long needle pine for the cammo effect.

Gotta order a pad kit from SKD tactical and she'll be ready for classes and whatnot.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Nice. I like it. Looks great, Stig.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Thats sweet Stig, I'll have to put up some shots of mine when completed.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thanks guys. It's actually flat and not as shiny as my cell phone pics might lead you to believe. I'll try to take better ones later.

The paint as dried really well and the pattern is much nicer than what is visible above.

Mine went to the guy that donated the helmets. I'll have to make another.

Crotch Rocket

ya'll are making me wish I hadn't off-loaded my own helmet...

I still see a Pro-Tec A Alpha half shell in my future.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Thanks guys. It's actually flat and not as shiny as my cell phone pics might lead you to believe. I'll try to take better ones later.

The paint as dried really well and the pattern is much nicer than what is visible above.
    I think it looks pretty good,even for a crappy phone pic. NIce spray job.

Here's my MICH, It has seen better days. This is the same helmet I had while on deployment. Still set up the same.