Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Mother

CC Gray Panther

My Mother

To the Ant Colony:
    I know that I haven't posted many of my sites for your viewing on various subjects since I've been here.

I've been the P.O.A. for my mother for about 4 years now and have been attending to her medical needs. she's a little over a month from turning 83 yrs. old.She has 4th. stage renal failure. We checked her blood pressure Tuesday because she didn't look right. Her vitals were 181 over 116 with 126 blood pressure. We ambulanced her to E.R. and found a weaken heart with a blood clot along with her irregular heart beat and bladder infection.

The doctors now have her stabilized for the most part. I had the doctor explain the options to my siblings so they understood. She's too frail and weak for re-hab for her condition. So I made the decision that she'll come home Monday or Tuesday to my house with Hospice care until she's called to go home. I've had my momma for 61 yrs. and will dearly miss her but I want her home with family that day and I want her at peace and not suffering anymore.

I find comfort everyday by coming here and reading the different post from all of you and prize the fact that you all let me camp here and call this home. I guess I need to tell someone other than my wife and I feel a strength and peace in this colony that I can't find anywhere else.

As Always:
    Eagle326

Where's the epi?

Eagle my heart felt blessings are with you and your family. I know that this has to be the most difficult time for you and to watch the woman who has loved you all of your life slowly slip from this world. I also know that she loves you more than anything for bringing her home to you to spend her last days with those who care for her the most and not leave her in a sterile room where she could pass when no one happens to be in the room with her, all alone and afraid.
    God bless you and give you strenght. I am with you in my heart and although I cannot do anything for you from here, know that my prayers are with you at your home.
    I apologize for nothing...

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I am bad at saying anything in these conditions. I just wish that everything goes the best it can in these circumstances. If I can be of any help, despite my actual location, just let me know.

I'll most likely shit myself

Brother, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know this is eating you up seeing your mom go thru this. Take solice in knowing you have done all you can and will be with her till her end. Their is nothing more a person could ask of their family. If their is anything at all I can do please let me know. We will be praying for you and your family. Please keep us updated as you can.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Eagle my heart felt blessings are with you and your family. I know that this has to be the most difficult time for you and to watch the woman who has loved you all of your life slowly slip from this world. I also know that she loves you more than anything for bringing her home to you to spend her last days with those who care for her the most and not leave her in a sterile room where she could pass when no one happens to be in the room with her, all alone and afraid.
    God bless you and give you strenght. I am with you in my heart and although I cannot do anything for you from here, know that my prayers are with you at your home.
    Thanks ; I believe there's no love like a mother's love and it should be returned like wise to her.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    I am bad at saying anything in these conditions. I just wish that everything goes the best it can in these circumstances. If I can be of any help, despite my actual location, just let me know.
    Red John your reply says more than you know. Thanks

A laugh a minute
    Dear Lord watch over eagle and his family as they need you now. Give them your love and strength to get through this tough time. Help them to understand that their family member is going home to you now, and will be at peace. That she will always be there to watch over them. Take all their sorrows and pain and replace it with understanding. I trust you Jesus for you are Gods Son, AMEN

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Brother, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know this is eating you up seeing your mom go thru this. Take solice in knowing you have done all you can and will be with her till her end. Their is nothing more a person could ask of their family. If their is anything at all I can do please let me know. We will be praying for you and your family. Please keep us updated as you can.
    Thanks Brother. Yes it tends to eat at you ;but being the eldest son it's my duty to return the love and help back to her as she did for me. I would have it no other way as she gave birth to me and has loved me thru good and bad. I glad to have all of you here.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Dear Lord watch over eagle and his family as they need you now. Give them your love and strength to get through this tough time. Help them to understand that their family member is going home to you now, and will be at peace. That she will always be there to watch over them. Take all their sorrows and pain and replace it with understanding. I trust you Jesus for you are Gods Son, AMEN
    AMEN...

Eagle, let me know if there is anything I can do for you... You and yours are in my prayers tonight...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Crotch Rocket

I usually feel much like RedJohn at times like this, but I know how I feel about my own mom, and just the thought of some things makes my heart ache. If there's anything I can do, or we can do here as a site, please let us know.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!