Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a favorite ball cap?

Crotch Rocket

Got a favorite ball cap?

I've actually got two, and one has a story and a history now.

I won the "tactical" cap as part of a contest elsewhere. Its much more stained now than it was when I got it, but gb69 and a few others might still recognize it. I wore that hat down to Joplin, and what you see there is the stubborn remnants from the environment and heat. Its now as much a visual reminder to me of my experiences there, as it is my favorite hat. It replaced the Gander Mountain hat as my go to, but I still love that one as well.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

In his experience the hammer head is better

This was one of my favorites, really got some looks but I didnt care.

I have two others that I wear now, one is my Pontiac Fire Dept Beanie- which our Michigan members can relate to. After 180 years they city shut the dept down so I wear it in their honor now. My other one is my hat from medic class, its supposed to be blue however its faded to a neat shade of brown. Pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by apssbc; 02-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.

GunnerMax
    I have a Tractor Supply Company camo hat I have been wearing for 2 years now. It cost $5

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I hate hats............

These are my favorites

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have a robot?
    Hats????? Man don't go there if my wife were to see this she would be on my rear to get ride of a bunch of mine. I have a problem with collecting hats.....okay I said it...........I like hats, I collect hats..........and yes I'm addicted. She seems to think that since I only have one head, up top! I should only have one hat. That is like having only one sock. I refuse to give up.

For the Love of Cats

^
    How many pairs of shoes does she have? She only has one pair of feet right?

My hats change with the season. Right now they're replaced with a toque. Spring and fall, they're a heavier Camoflage, and in the summer something light. usually camoflage

I've been wearing ball caps ever since my long haired truck driver days. Back then it was to keep my hair from blowing in my face, today it's just a normal thing to do. I tend to wear cammo logo hats, such as Ryder or some trucking company, but my absolute favorite is "5th Infantry Division. Vietnam Veteran." It's made in the USA, too, a rarity these days.

Crotch Rocket

Cool deal. I'm enjoying the pics, and I'm not surprised to see some common trends going.

apssbc, what happened to the infidel hat that it rates a "was"?

izzy, your flag is backwards!

rpd. I can relate to the love of the 5ID hat. I'm no war vet, but I had a 2nd Engineer battalion cap from Korea. I lost it somewhere along the line. Kind of a bummer these days.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I've been wearing ball caps ever since my long haired truck driver days. Back then it was to keep my hair from blowing in my face, today it's just a normal thing to do. I tend to wear cammo logo hats, such as Ryder or some trucking company, but my absolute favorite is "5th Infantry Division. Vietnam Veteran." It's made in the USA, too, a rarity these days.
    I'd be surprised if they weren't making those hats in grrrrr... Vietnam. I have a shot glass from the White House that I intentionally left the "Made In China" sticker on the bottom of, as a testament to what's wrong with our country.

I wear a flag patch hat in Tan, because I can swap the patch out to whatever I want, like a Gadsden. I also wear less "Gun Guy" hats too, but this one is my every day hat. I have a Dallas PD hat that I got from an officer that is a customer of mine, I wore it once to go to the gas station around the corner to get a Slurpee, and a panhandler walked up to the truck with the window down to hit me up while I was looking down, he said "excuse me sir" I looked up, and he turned and walked away, I didn't realize it was because he thought I was PD, although it might be a benefit during SHTF, that taught me to leave that hat on the rack, I don't wanna be the first to get taken out by the bad guys, or for someone to seek my help in a bad situation, lesson learned on that one.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

I rarely wear a hat, even in the winter. They just make me way too hot. If I do wear a hat it's probably a bonnie hat or just whaever ball cap I grab as needed.