Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transforming a 18' travel trailer

A laugh a minute

Transforming a 18' travel trailer

Our trailer that was transformed from a water damaged piece of junk, then gutted down to the frame, into a very nice little home we now live in 8 months out of the year.
    It is fixed up to be livable for any situation that occurred.

The generator runs just a few hours at night and long enough in the mornings to make coffee, which charges the batteries. Then we shut it off to save fuel. The trailer has a Propane heater and propane furnace for a back up. It has LED lighting along with electric. It has 4 6 volt golf cart batteries that are wired together to make 2 12 volt batteries. It has an exhaust turbo fan that blows the air in or out. The stove has 2 small fans that use to be in a computer, a small exhaust fan in the bathroom and in the middle of the trailer just for sucking the air out. The roof has a raised roof built over it, which is equipped to catch rainwater and store it in the water tank. The trailer is painted with a regular exterior paint and then with a thermo additive added to the paint to make it insulated.
    So in the summer the trailer reflects the heat and in the winter it holds the heat.
    We turn the turbo fan on to suck out the hot air, which blows it out and makes it cooler inside. This winter it was cold and the trailer kept us nice and warm.

I am not allowed to put pics up yet, but as soon as the site will let me I will edit this with Pics

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Excited to see the fruit of your labor!

Crotch Rocket

Taz, you'll have to use a site like photobucket or imageshack to post pics here. If that poses a problem I can pm you my email address and post them from my photobucket account for you.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Taz, I use Tiny Pic for my photos. Free to use but doesn't do video.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    thanks, I will upload them as soon as I can get to a wifi spot, lol.

Bacon Spam

any thought to solar ??

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    any thought to solar ??
    we now have it hooked to 2 solar panels and they keep the batteries charged. When we tourn the genny on this is what comes on..... The fridge and freezer, hot water pump, all lights, little freezer, washing machine, and microwave. We have no tv by choice. No dvd player by choice, we have solar radio, what else do you need in the SHFT?

?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    we now have it hooked to 2 solar panels and they keep the batteries charged. When we tourn the genny on this is what comes on..... The fridge and freezer, hot water pump, all lights, little freezer, washing machine, and microwave. We have no tv by choice. No dvd player by choice, we have solar radio, what else do you need in the SHFT?

?
    Food and water . Very nice set up Taz and it looks like you have thought it all out and your ready if need be for what ever might happen. Good job!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Definitely excited to see pics of this!

I'll most likely shit myself

I agree with Evolver. Very well thought out and put together. Sounds like you'll be able to handle many situations.