Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much water do you have on-hand right now?

A laugh a minute
    constant running streams, creeks, waterfalls , natural spring is what we are tapped into now. We did a stream water test last year on the water. Took a 5 gallon bucket, filled it up, let it set for a year and then checked it. 100%Pure water. Did the same thing with our spring water. But our drinking water goes from the rock into a water tank, filtered into a barrel, then to the inside faucets. We run thatwater through a Berkey machine and drink just to be safe.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

40 gallons bottled.

Then there's the pond across the street.

Prolly about 150 gallons in the floor of my bunker right now.............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I only have about 40 gallons in containers and 6 Costco cases of bottled water. The nearest creek is less than a mile from us, but I'm not counting on using it. I plan on adding more and getting two rain barrels this spring.

Where's the epi?

DH will not stock water. We have a large creek on this property and a Katydine filter so we can use that if needed to drink. On the new property we have enough streams, creeks, waterfalls, springs we won't need to store it but he better get me a set up like Taz! LOL!
    I apologize for nothing...

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    About 50 gallons. No ponds, lakes, or streams.
    There is a waterway about 1/4 mile away, brackish. Usable with the proper treatment.
    I just don't have room for more.

Got a nice filter, can use almost anything I find. Planning a desalinator, to make that brackish water more usable.

In his experience the hammer head is better

I have 40 in the hot water tank. Plus whatever else is in the pipes that I can drain. I have city water and have a filter on my faucet. I also have multiple water treatment methods and can hit the pond 100 meters from my house. I wont lie Im slacking on the stored water but I plan on bugging out if I need more than what the tank provides. I have my camelback full in my bob.

I got some work to do I think. I want to drive a hand well in my yard. Also I have a damp basement almost 98% moisture content on the floor so I want to dig a relief pit in the basement and install a sump pump. But this could also double as a water source.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

We try to maintain 15 cases of 36 count bottled water, above ground pool, rain barrels (220gal) and the best part is we have an artesian well that has 3 PSI constant pressure behind it so there is no need for a pump. For filtration we have a gravity fed ceramic filter.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Update: I am now up to 105 gallons after filling the 15 gallon water barrels I got at the feed store for $15@.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

For everyone thinking to use their local running, or stationary water, myself included, have you ever heard of Beaver Fever???

No not THAT you sickos!! This:

Giardiasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even in clean running water, it is possible. your filters will take care of it, but be warned. it is NOT a lot of fun.

I don't actually know, I never counted all the 2-liter bottles that I've been filling up for the past 2 years. But with those and with the 3 water barrels, I think we might have 350 or so gallons.

I wouldn't drink the water from the water barrels unless it was filtered/and/or treated with bleach.
    Last edited by mollypup; 03-28-2012 at 04:11 PM.