Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much water do you have on-hand right now?

A laugh a minute
    We have a 7 gal water jug that we fill + 5 gal. that we take to Fla. so we can have our spring water. I hate water out of the faucet. Lady if we have any left I will give you a jug when we stop by to see you guy's. There is nothing better that ice cold 100% pure water.

Where's the epi?

That would be cool Taz. When we were young in upstate NY all our water came from the aquafer (sp) and we never thought about getting it from anywhere else. There were even pipes along the side of the road with water pumping out of them for people to fill their jugs if they wanted to. Being so far north it was always ice cold. Yummy!
    BTW...my Greek Oregano is going NUTS so we can make a cutting for you to take home and plant if you want.
    I apologize for nothing...

Do you have a robot?
    I figure I have about 3,500 plus a well. If needed we have a fresh water lagoon that is about 1/2 mile away.

Walking on Sunshine

Not nearly enough. lady, am in same boat(duh hubs won't store water, grrrr) but the sump pump runs continually year round. We have two huge gravel pits filled with water up the road about 4 blocks away and a small spring fed lake about 3 blocks away in the townships park. Oh and that lake is stocked with lots of fishies, yum!.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Not nearly enough. lady, am in same boat(duh hubs won't store water, grrrr) but the sump pump runs continually year round. We have two huge gravel pits filled with water up the road about 4 blocks away and a small spring fed lake about 3 blocks away in the townships park. Oh and that lake is stocked with lots of fishies, yum!.
    That's great except everyone else also will think the same thing when shtf. I know that we have to have our own water and way to store it. I hope that once we get the new property going his view will change since we will be able to build large cisterns.
    I apologize for nothing...

Walking on Sunshine

I have thought of that. I have plans to put in well and pump in back yard, disguised as garden frou frou. My BIL has a working pump in his back yard that everyone thinks just a kitschy garden decoration. It sits next to the mini outhouse in the garden. I ws thinking I could do the same, sorta hide it plain site?. The water table is not too far from surface here, that's why sump runs year round.

Has been known to provide fake cat info
    One 1000 liter tote, plus about 10 cases of bottled.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    About 7000 gallons, but thats going to drop once I empty out the water bladder.