Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Pleasures

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Simple Pleasures

Lil Stiglet has taken to watching Scooby Doo cartoons. Not the current day ones, the real-deal 1970's one with Casey Casem as Shaggy and lots of zoiks.

It's become a ritual to watch a couple episodes at night together. It's a nice way to wind down a bit, spend time with her, and (I won't lie) I kinda dig watching the cartoon I liked watching as a kid.

But the best part is just spending a little time together doing something we both like.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Ah yes, enjoy my friend. They grow up WAY too fast, go off and marry some ingrate. Cherish your time together.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I was just telling my wife how much fun it was to just sit and watch my son play quietly by himself... he just turned two, and he's a character. We get lots of time together right now, my business is slow and I keep him out of daycare when I know I don't have estimates.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Aahhhh, Stig, that's the good stuff.
    Get all you can, soak it up like sunshine on a cool day, for it will be gone before you even realize it.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Nice. Glad to see they are learning to appreciate the classics.

On a similar note:

Is it bad my 2 year old twin girls know who Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Roadblock are?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Great post Stig. We don't have kids, but it's important for all of us to take sometime to just chill every now and then. It don't really matter what it is as long as you're enjoying yourself.
    We love to take road trips just to see something new. Usually look for antique shops to hit up as well.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Is it bad my 2 year old twin girls know who Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Roadblock are?
    Not at all.

Now if you get into teaching them about the later characters, when they went all apeshit, then yes. Then you have a problem. Stick to the classics.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

FINALLY! A generation of people who remember when wrestling was on after Saturday morning cartoons. And there was only one day to watch cartoons instead of them being on 24/7 like they are now.

I like being able to blame the fact that I'm excited about and going to a G rated movie on my four-year old. I also love the fact that we have the ability to introduce all the great things we experienced as children to our little ones. Museums - the circus - ice creams and being able to pick out your own candy with a couple of quarters. There's nothing like having a little one to help you remember what life is really all about.

A laugh a minute
    lets not forget The Three Stoogirs. I was always late for school because of them.

I'll most likely shit myself

The Stooges are the best. I still like watching them. The wife and I used to stay up till the wee hours of the morning watching them.