Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Prepper's - Premiere tonight

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Doomsday Prepper's - Premiere tonight

Nat Geo's "DOOMSDAY PREPPER'S" to premeir tonight at 9PM EST with back to back episodes.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

Got the DVR set to go. See if there is anything to learn. I'm expecting a bunch of BS and probably learn some stuff not to do.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Opsec would be at the top of the list .

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I figured out part of what bugs me about that show....that woman on the commercial that comes across entirely too excited about the prospect of an EOTWAWKI scenario. To me that only perpetuates the whole idea that a catastrophic meltdown is going to be fantasy land where we go around living out our GI dreams.

Further, it's a sign of arrogance. "I'm going to survive because I prepared and you aren't! nah nah nah nah". I hate that attitude. The reality is that in a full blown meltdown many of us could die, and people who didn't prepare a bit could rise to the occasion.

Hopefully that's just how she was portrayed in the commercials.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

Well they gave that up to be on the show.

And then some, but hey they get their 15 minutes of fame. (roflmao)

Do you have a robot?
    DISH NETWORK YOU SUCK……………I just lost my (*)^)(*&()*^^$&^#%$@$%@ signal. So hopefully I will get it back during the next hour, not looking good. Did you know that DISH SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Okay three deep cleansing breaths………… Better…… No……….

I’m going to armchair quarterback these people.
    So my critic of the first couple, you have a couple who stores 50,000 pounds of food that will support 22 people for 15 years. Looking at what they have is really impressive. The amount that they are storing is incredible, but is it realistic? They have got to have a ton of money into all this stuff. If it were me I would not focus on the foods so much, they cook eight meals a day. I would modernize my weaponry, vehicles and fortifications. They talked about bugging out but to where. I do like the method that they travel. I would like to have a larger group than they appear to have. They showed only a couple of other people. If they do have 22 people total, how many are kids? I would hope they would not totally forthcoming with all their information. No doubt about it they do have an impressive amount of food. Their power sources are also impressive.

The second guy is a loner and that I am not for. Granted if you are by yourself and have to bug out then I would say this guy has it together. However to stay in the city I think that is a poor choice. I wish I had the knowledge of plants that he has.

The third was the female that I did not get to see because of DISH.

The second hour started out with the fat guy. He just looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. Some of the videos that he has made make him look like a buffoon. I do not think that he is realistic.

The cook lady – She has about $100K in food which should tide them over for a few years. Can you really oil your eggs and keep them for 12 months??? Also how about putting wax on cheese, how long will it last does anyone know? Their method for clearing their house was actually pretty good; they kept in touch literally when moving. As for the Morse code when searching the house, it gives away their location. I would think that they should consider sign language instead if they want anything. I do like the idea that they are training people in their community. From food to firearms as well as self defense is a great idea. This will allow them to evaluate the different people in the community that they might be able to depend upon in the future. I do like the comment that they made at the end of their segment that they do not reveal all their cards.

Doris Day of Doom – They grow a great amount of food which I imagine if we all did that in the volume they do then there would not be any hunger. They have a very impressive garden. I do like the idea of raising bees for honey. Building their skill levels is great. I like the treadle sewing machine. These people are also into getting neighbors together to prep by teaching. No guns and ammunition, they have thought about marauding bands and want to charm them???????? That is FUBAR and I see them as being victims in the future. Or they would make really good slaves that someone would use to produce food.

The Welder guy – I liked that he was passing on his skills to his kids which is what we all should do. I missed how big his ranch was but it looks nice. He talked about upgrading his coms and security. They said that he assigned one of his kids to take care of security. I see this as being a problem. Everyone should be involved in security. They have a very large family and work with others to “check on their prepping” and that is good. I guess looking at these people I see them as getting it together and would like to see them succeed better.

Okay this is just a quick thumbnail. The interesting thing at the end of each segment they put out the odds of this event happening. Well that is the odds……….. I try to keep the odds in my favor so we will see what happens. When it only happens to 1 in a 100 that doesn’t sound bad unless you are that one……….

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

This really sucks, I spend 1.2 million a month on D.....TV and I don't even get Nat Geo as an option. I'll have to wait for the online show.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    So my critic of the first couple, you have a couple who stores 50,000 pounds of food that will support 22 people for 15 years.......They talked about bugging out but to where.
    It would seem these two ideas are somewhat incongruous with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Doris Day of Doom – They grow a great amount of food which I imagine if we all did that in the volume they do then there would not be any hunger. They have a very impressive garden.....No guns and ammunition, they have thought about marauding bands and want to charm them????????
    Insert facepalm picture here
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Doris Day of Doom is just that doomed.the "we don't need guns we have the community", showed a bit of the lala land she exists in. The gal from Texas, that lived in the apartment looked like her bubble was burst about her prepping and bugging out plan. Glad she joined the service, it will help her. The fat guy looked to be a joke from his segment. The LA loner might make it for a bit, but foraging is not a way to survive. The Utah cook lady had a plan they was viable and looks to be building a network, but a few things were over the top. The guy with the CONEX box house, had lots of food, but those boxes aren't going to defeat large caliber weapons , sure a .22 won't go whizzing straight through them. His bug out plan was a bit unrealistic. The welder guy had a decent plan, with all the skills, but they really need to cross train.

The glimpse was interesting, but I don't know about the so called experts. The part about the odds of an event happening seemed to be thrown in to show these people were wasting their time.