Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Side of Life

For the Love of Cats

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

I'll most likely shit myself

She was a hooters girl? NOT!

I'll most likely shit myself

Here's one a buddy of mine showed me tonight.

For the Love of Cats

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

for Sniper

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

There is a thread on worm farming up in the food and water forum and rather than be a wiseass up there, I'm going to do it down here.

My family were worm ranchers in Okrahoma before the Great Depression. As a young boy I would listen to my Grampa's stories of the worm roundups in the olden days. They had a very large worm herd until the great drought of '07. They would herd the worms to the railhead in Abilene KS every year to send to market back east where the worms were sold to rich sportsmen in New York City at Zombiecrombie and Filch. The cowboys and shepherds looked down on my folks for being worm ranchers and called them things like slimeboys and squirmwranglers. They also thought the worms grazed the grass roots too low and didn't leave enough for them. It all came to a head when a fatal brawl broke out in a saloon leaving my great uncle Ann (short for Annelid) writhing on the floor before expiring.

Well, being as the wormers were outnumbered in town uncle Ann's death was ruled self-defense. This really made my great grandfather angry that his brother's life would be treated as if he were just a worm!! So, he wired the buyer at Zombiecrombie and Filch and asked for advice on what to do about the situation. The buyer directed him to a law firm whose Principal Partner was and avid fisherman and would only use g grandpa's worms. So g grandpa came to New York to see Louis Dewey of the law firm Dewey, Cheetum and Howe. Louis Dewey told my g grandpa Crawell "Red" Wiggler he would take the case pro bono if Red would give him a lifetime supply of worms. My g grandpa promised he would and so he and Louis Dewey went back to Kansas to pursue justice.

To make a long story short, Louis Dewey won a judgement in Crawell's favor, but with the stipulation that Crawell never drive his worms to Abilene again. Now this put g grandpa Crawell in a world of compost. He couldn't get the worms he promised to Louis Dewey to New York. So Crawell talked it over with g grandma Nema and they decided to deed the worm ranch, which had been in g grandma Nema's family-the Todes, for many years. So my g grandparents deeded the old family ranch, The Knight Ranch, to Louis Dewey to honor their promise. Louis Dewey moved to Okrahoma to take up the life of a gentleman worm rancher. In time he became the biggest worm rancher in the US, to the point where he trademarked his own special breed of worm that he named in my g grandpa's honor, the craweller. He kept the original name of the ranch, so these genetically superior worms were known as Knight crawellers. He had that market cornered for many years until a flood washed his worms off the ranch where they bred in the wild and spread all over the country. Louis Dewey was wiped out when he no longer had the corner on the worm market and died from tapeworms.

Eventually the true story of the Knight Craweller was forgotten, and these huge worms were simply known as night crawlers. Just some of my family history.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 05-23-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quo Vadis?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Here's one a buddy of mine showed me tonight.

Bravo!
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.