Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rethought my water storage

For the Love of Cats

how well do those 2 Litres pack into the crates? prob too tall, but 3x3 snug? would stack nicely like that.

I think in a SHTF a 2 litre of rice would be worth it's weight in gold

or beans...

or flour...

or potable water...

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

I've been buying bottled water by the case. Although I love this insight, i can get a case of bottled water for less than the 5 gallon bladders.

Like i said, awesome idea!

I'll most likely shit myself

Good idea Izzy, but I think Sniper has a good point. 2 liters of water in a bottle easily carried would be a nice barter item. I was wondering how the 2 litter bottles would fit in a milk crate. The crates do stack very nicely!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^

He does have a good point. A lot of my rice/ beans/etc are in 2 liters. However, I have a metric %^&*ton of 2 liters around. I can definitely store more water in the space provived with the bladders over the 2 liters.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Those 2L bottles fit very nicely in a 5 gallon bucket. You can get 4 with room to spare in each bucket. I fill the excess area with smaller bottles. I don't use the the 2L for water but I do use them for dry goods like rice/beans/salt/sugar. You can get the buckets w/lids at Lowes for roughly $4.00.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

The hot sexy one

Just a thought on the milkcrate thing........add a heavy trashbag to each crate, should a SHTF begin you will be able to remove the bladders you have stored and then use the crates as support for the trash bags to be filled with additional water before running water stops......Same with the 5 gallon buckets with 2 liters , empty them and fill buckets with water .....Any trash can, clothes drawer, or cardboard box lined with heavy yard bags will work also...... and if the SHTF was short term you didn't break open your treated water supplies.

Where's the epi?

Izzy try the Goodwill and Salvation Army or any other thriftstore you have in your area. Usually they have that kind of stuff. AND it's the old ones that are heavy duty. People started throwing them out and getting rid of them so you should be able to get them second hand. Just a thought.
    I apologize for nothing...