Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 best post SHTF vehicles

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmrdrgz View Post
    You can always buy an armored vehicle. Look them up online. And I mean a regular vehicle that is armored, not a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    Yes, I've been thinking about that too for a while.
    But, where is the fun in driving a "normal" armored car? :P

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Well, post SHTF, I don't think that fun will be an option.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I miss my Stryker....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I bet you do. Where you doing some sniping with that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    I bet you do. Where you doing some sniping with that thing?
    not with that one per se. I was on the company sniper team for a while. We built those uppers for the team and put them on our M-4s. That is an EARLY model 6 power ACOG on top. They shot a LOT better that the standard upper. We built 2 16inchers and one 18inch upper. We carried those most of the time. Every one in a while we would have the chance to get out the M-24 or the 107. But that was in garrison...... we used them all in country.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member

Hope this is the right place to post this question... seemed it fit.

Toyota Tacoma 4door with RD package, Tundra (shorter of the two 4door options) with RD package, or Jeep 4door wrangler for every day driving and decent SHTF vehicle?

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Personally (and this is just my opinion) but I would much rather have a pickup than the jeep (but I would agree that jeeps are way more fun). The issue you'd run into is having enough room for starters. I'm assuming this is just yourself your responsible for. On top of having enough room for gear, food, extra fuel, extra water, possible ammo etc. You also have to keep in mind the weight capacity of said vehicle. Last I checked, just about any reg size pickup is a half ton ( I found out recently my f150 was able to handle 1.3 tons accidentally). Now imagine for a second you had everything loaded up but there were a couple people in mind that you know of whom would serve them and you mutually by grouping up? I would hope they had a vehicle or a trailer to hook up or else there'd be no chance.

In the end you could "what if" it to death but I pondered this exact question. In the end I went with an xtended cab '94 f150 xlt for 2k dollars. I have a wife and a kid on the way, I knew I was gonna need the extra passenger and cargo capacity.

I hope this assists you.

You have to go at least 4x4 though.

I'll most likely shit myself

I'm with fatty on this one. I have a truck that'll haul a good load and couple options with trailers. It'll haul more than I have unless I take the camper, which is a option for some senario's.