Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retirement Plans

May be some moral issues, but investing in man's vices rarely goes wrong. Of course, anyone invested in most any of the mutual funds probably has money in all sorts of morally questionable products and areas.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

id invest in products people voluntarily consume, no moral problem there

using elected representatives to take my money and fund abortions, sounds like a real moral issue

invest however you choose, but if you pay taxes, you can't exactly have clean hands

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Didn't mean to dislike this post. Not sure how that happened.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Didn't mean to dislike this post. Not sure how that happened.
    No problem, I will just have to try harder... I am sure I can say something you'll dislike eventually... back to the drawing board

The point of the post is just the its kinda hard to attach morality to investing in my opinion. Just invest to make money and then do go things with it.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    This has me torn big time. I've been investing 10% into my 401k with a company matching 60 cents on every dollar up to 6%. But I'm worried of getting bit in the behind if they ever try to socialize 401k's. That part scares me the most about my retirement plans. I assume my pension won't be there by the time comes and on top of that, I highly doubt anyone around my age (30) will ever be able to retire at the rate this FED is going. But everytime I ask myself "why even save for retirement if you don't plan on being able to? I always say "its just like Christ- it would suck a whole lot worse if I was wrong
    I don't know how this would work out for the rest of the world, but when I was building our dome 2006-2007, I took out 2 cash loans to myself and reinvested it back into the system by buying more supplies. At the time, all the investment guys would be on TV, calmly assuring us, the public and to just ride it out. I was checking my 401 every day. I was loosing not only my initial 20%, but also the portion my company matched, and a bite or two out of the original pot. I was loosing approx $100 per week. It turned out to be the best thing
    I could have done with my money.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I'm only 22, so I haven't really thought that far into the future. I do have a savings account and a small silver collection (brass and lead too!) that will hopefully grow over the next few years.

I've been following the stock market lately trying to learn the basic tendencies based on events, etc. Once I have a little more money stashed away, and providing the market doesn't fall on its face, I'd like to invest in some stocks to get my feet wet and see what I can do with it.

Right now my focus is on my preps though.