Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Mother Nature been giving you problems this year, more than normal?

A laugh a minute

Has Mother Nature been giving you problems this year, more than normal?

The weather has been very weird this year. Anyone else notice this?

I have concluded that Mother Nature saves all her anger until wintertime. What ever pisses her off; she waits for winter to retaliate. This year has been weird here. Mild compared to last winter. This winter we have had snow only three times and it has never stayed on the ground long enough to make a snowball or a snow angel. Last year we had to knock off the snow from our boots everyday just to come inside to get warm. This year when the temperatures are warm for winter, it is raining hard enough that you can’t go outside and work, Then when it not raining and a pretty day to work, it is so cold your fingers won’t wrap around a hammer. Mother Nature has to be really pissed this year. Or it is not meant for us to do any building of any kind. Just the other day my DH salvaged a broken porch swing, to make a new one. It took him two days just to do that because of having to come in every hour to warm his fingers and toes up, even using the Toasty Toes and hand warmers in his gloves and boots. Today is valentines Day and I wanted to start working on my chairs that I am building. After waking up to a drizzling rain beating on the roof, I decided to wait until after Breakfast to start. When I went out side to the cooler to get the milk, it was snowing. Went to put the milk back in the cooler it is raining again. With breakfast out of the way and ready to get started, I again go out, now no snow, or rain but the temperatures are too cold to hold the saw I need to use. Guess I have to wait until summer to make the dining room table and chairs for our new kitchen.

I'll most likely shit myself

We have had a pretty normal winter, with the exception of the temps. It's been much warmer than normal and only a few snow flurries. However the rain is about 1-2" above normal so far in 2012.
    We actually had a much worse start to the year last year. By thanksgiving 2010 we were well below normal temps which lasted through last Feb. Last March and April was very normal until April 27th when we had the most devastating rash of tornados and hail this side of the state has seen in years. It trashed our garden and orchard and we never completely recovered from it. The hail trashed 2 vehicles and our house. We actually were fortunate it wasn't worse. A F2 tornado touched down a little over a mile from us. I think Izzy will vouch for this. He got nailed to.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I'd say in the last year it's been pretty peaceful down our way.

We had tropical storm Lee which just barely glanced us. It was really cold February '11 and then really hot May '11.

But overall no real problems per se.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

That Bitch! I'd personally like to skin her and wear her hide as a coat!

Last year, we set records for the most consecutive cold days, and for record amounts of snow fall.

This year, I have to trailer 3 hours to run my sled, and at that, I can almost go out in shorts!

Last winter I put almost 2000 miles on my sled. This year, less that 100.

Last year, I had 7 feet of snow in my yard. This year less than 3 inches.

Mother Nature can kiss my ass!!!!!

GIVE ME BACK MY WINTER!!!!!!

Queen of the Doom Room
    It's been incredibly warm here all "winter" long. Makes me dread what may be coming this summer.

Where's the epi?

It's been warmer and wetter than normal. We have had either really warm days or really cold but the warmer have been more since we have had NO SNOW this year and last year it was records! All of our trees are budding and flowers are blossoming so who knows what will happen next. I haven't even been able to go out and look at the property since closing because all of the warm days have rained. The summer does make me nervous now and wonder if it will be one filled with deadly storms like last year. I know I need to think about getting seeds started and planning my tree choices but it's soooo ikky out there I just want to be like a bear and hibernate for a while! LOL!
    JustA it's so good to see you back, how are you? Was hoping you would be back soon.
    I apologize for nothing...

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Hey Justa.
    I don't know about always waiting until winter.
    You should see what she brings us in summer here in Florida

GunnerMax
    its been raining here in the desert, more than usual

A laugh a minute
    the rest of this week is going to be in the 50ish high low 40ish.perfect for working outside. BUT 90% rain

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

down here, She cant decide wheter it's supposed to be nice and warm, or if it's supposed to be a frigid miserable experience.

To Mother Nature:

(Glances toward sky, shaking raised fist)
    Geez, shit or get off the pot already. Make up your mind, woman!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.