Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadside emergency kit

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Roadside emergency kit

What is in your roadside emergency kit, or do you even have one?

Mine consists of the following, flares and reflective triangles, 50ft tow strap, 4 bottles of water, duct tape , wrenches and screw drivers, jump start battery, fix-a-flat, 2 emergency bivies, 6 days food, blanket, first aid kit, hard candy, emergency heater/stove made from 1 qt paintcan, 2 hose clamps 2 inch, 4 inch.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

GunnerMax
    I do not have one at the moment, but I will.

I'll most likely shit myself

GHB, Water, pretty decent first Aid Kit, Tow strap, a small tool bag, tarp, a few extra clothes, hiking boots, leather gloves, hat, flashlight, knife, , ham radio, either mobile or HT, qt of oil. A lot of times I also have a small digital camera.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Assortment of tools
    Fix a flat
    Road flares
    tow straps
    reflective marker
    jumper cables
    emergency water
    tire air compressor
    Small fleece blanket
    Gerber mini-machete
    Boots
    Standard first aid kit
    Bottle of windshield washing fluid
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

In my tool box in my red F-150, I have a tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, Coleman mini lantern, Coleman dual fuel 442, CS Magnum Kukri machete, francesca tomahawk, Collins hudson bay axe, rope, 100' 550 paracord, 3/8" drive socket set, combo wrench set, screwdriver set, three sizes of crescent adjustable wrenches, small 12V air compressor, tire repair kit, 25' logging chain with hooks, 2 MREs, 4 Mtn House 2 person packets (I like beef stroganoff best), one gallon of water, flashlight, folding camp chair and AR-7 explorer with 2 boxes of ammo, one hollow point and one round nose 40 gr.

In the cab I have these kind of red strobe light lanterns that look vaguely like R2D2 that I can set out in lieu of flares. I also have a fire extinguisher, FAK, brunton pocket transit, a pair of FRS/GMRS radios, a 3D cell maglite, 100' steel tape, gorilla tape (for hose patching) and my pool cue.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I have a GHB, cables, tire pump and a tow strap. At this time I don't plan on doing to much work if I brake down. I'll use the cell phone for now. If i'm going farther away I pack different items.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Bacon Spam

so.... no one has a shovel , you must all live in a concrete jungle, may have to dig yourself out of the sand, or up north, the snow ??

I have 2

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Sorry, forgot to mention I have 2 shovels in the tool box as well. One is a CS Special Forces shovel (it also throws and sticks really well) and a T handle short spade. Forgot to mention the 4 Lb cross peen also.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Mine changes depending on season, currently in winter, even though we have no snow my snow kit is in the car.

It consists of:
    3 gallons of water.
    6 MRE meals, 2 mountain house meals, heating packs for each.
    30 portable hand warmers.
    2 quarts oil.
    Fix a flat.
    Cold weather sleeping bag.
    10 Flares, 2 sided signal flag, with magnetic corners(put on roof, easier to see from above, plane, high cab snowplow, etc.)
    exhaust jack bag.
    2 black diamond collapsible shovels
    BOB.
    Bear spray in 2 different sizes.
    3 N95 masks.
    portable tool kit.

Everything except water is in a large tupperwear container, with the lid duct taped on, a list with the contents on the outside, and the date it was packed.

In summer, it changes, I have 2 separate containers, one for winter, one for summer. So I have doubles of some things, such as the MRE's.

Andrew