Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Act Of Valor, the movie

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Great flick, really intense.

The is nothing like Navy Seals the movie. Those guys were lame, Michael Biehn thought he could do anything since he had "all the training" that was needed, NOT. It is my understanding he told the advisers that during a party in Spain and subsequently tripped and fell down a flight of stairs.......

Hay Storm all I picked up was the kidnap scene and the LAW shot. There was another time that I remember it looked like some one was shooting with a blank adapter but I forget where that was.

Ah, man, I consider the original Navy Seals movie to be a training film, along with every episode of the A-Team, the entire series Sledgehammer, Red Dawn, and Paul Blart Mall Cop. lol I was actually kidding about the whole being like Navy Seals from 1980-whatever. I really wanna see this one, if for no other reason than it shows America's Super Men. I heard an interview today on talk radio with the producer, he said one of the scenes with a sub doing an insertion was filmed in a 40 minute window during an actual training op, and they didn't get the coordinates of where the boat was gonna surface for the air units to film until an hour before it surfaced to run the drill. I admire the producer for waiting for these guys to get back from deployments to finish the movie. can't wait to see it.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Wait 'till you see the in-fil and ex-fil of the boat teams on the river, using helicopters.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Paul Blart Mall Cop is the ultimate training film in terms of adapting and using what you find.....lol. Ask anyone in the security field............

Also those wierd horror movies on Sci-fi are good training tools. I keep yelling at people to move their ass, but no one ever listens and are always eaten by the mansharklizard
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Saw it earlier when a fellow member tried to call, the movie was a hit with me. I highly recommend it. I heard some asshats walking out saying the acting sucked...those idiots didn't even understand it wasn't actors.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    ...those idiots didn't even understand it wasn't actors.
    Technically since they were in the movie wouldnt they be considered actors now, hmmmmm?
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Saw it earlier when a fellow member tried to call.....

all prior planned activities are to be cleared through Izzy..........
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 02-25-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    all prior planned activities are to cleared through Izzy..........
    SIR!!!! YES SIR!!!!!!!

AIRBORNE SIR!!!!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Great flick, really intense.

The is nothing like Navy Seals the movie. Those guys were lame, Michael Biehn thought he could do anything since he had "all the training" that was needed, NOT. It is my understanding he told the advisers that during a party in Spain and subsequently tripped and fell down a flight of stairs.......

Hay Storm all I picked up was the kidnap scene and the LAW shot. There was another time that I remember it looked like some one was shooting with a blank adapter but I forget where that was.
    You are correct on both accounts. As for shooting with a blank adapter, a couple of the weapons were modified with flash supressor style BFA's, So there were actually no original style screw on red box BFA's used. The last one was in the tunnels scene. Apparently there was a sound discipline thing happening in the tunnel scene where actors were complaining of the reverberation of the gunshots in enclosed spaces. This is according to my cousin who worked Production on the movie during filming sequences.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Paul Blart Mall Cop is the ultimate training film in terms of adapting and using what you find.....lol. Ask anyone in the security field............

Also those wierd horror movies on Sci-fi are good training tools. I keep yelling at people to move their ass, but no one ever listens and are always eaten by the mansharklizard
    I've flat refused to watch that movie on general principle.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Intelligence Officer

Been waiting for this since last year when I heard about it. The brothers who made the movie do all the High Speed Low Draw NSW recruitment commercials for the navy.