Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Act Of Valor, the movie

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Act Of Valor, the movie

This movie looks good from the previews I've seen. It comes out on the 24th here in Ohio. I'm probably going on Friday to see it and will give it my .02 after.

The previews state there are real operators.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do you have a robot?
    I'm going too. I have arranged for several of us to have a training day, the wives don't need to know. Sooooooo we shall see how it goes.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

It's real SEALs, I heard an interview from someone associated with the movie, and they said lots of the action sequences were done by SEALs cause no one else could have done them, if so, it oughta be good. Let's face it though, it's just a new version of Navy Seals from back in the day. I'm going to see it as soon as possible.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I cant wait for this flick. There's not been a really good military-oriented movie in a while.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    It's real SEALs, I heard an interview from someone associated with the movie, and they said lots of the action sequences were done by SEALs cause no one else could have done them, if so, it oughta be good. Let's face it though, it's just a new version of Navy Seals from back in the day. I'm going to see it as soon as possible.
    Having several friends and one family member personally involved in the movie, I have to make a minor correction. . . . .

1- All the action sequences were done by active duty SEALs.
    2- There are no stuntmen in this movie whatsoever portraying SEALs. All SEAL work, is actual SEAL work.
    3- The majority of all the firing scenes are all done in live fire with the exception of 3 scenes. (the trick will be to see if you can figure out which 3 scenes!)

Enjoy the movie! I did!

I'll most likely shit myself

I'm looking forward to seeing it. This coming from someone who very rarely goes to the movies. Hell I hardly watch movies at home.

Do you have a robot?
    Great flick, really intense.

The is nothing like Navy Seals the movie. Those guys were lame, Michael Biehn thought he could do anything since he had "all the training" that was needed, NOT. It is my understanding he told the advisers that during a party in Spain and subsequently tripped and fell down a flight of stairs.......

Hay Storm all I picked up was the kidnap scene and the LAW shot. There was another time that I remember it looked like some one was shooting with a blank adapter but I forget where that was.

East of Gaylord, MI on the other side of the Elk Herd!
    I heard the tree-hugging anti-gun people are giving it bad reviews - so it must be good!

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Saw it today. Very good. Nothing like the "Navy Seals" movie at all.
    Actually, there are actors interspersed throughout, but where the gear mostly hides the identitites, the real deal guys are out.
    Watching the fight scenes is like watching someone play COD or something, it's fist person shooter looking over the rifle a lot, but not all the time. They do some things never seen in a movie which are really cool, and show how SEALs operate. Some really sharp in-fil/ex-fil stuff.
    If you turn away, or even blink long, you'll miss something. I'm definitely getting the disc when it comes out.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

now I definitely have to see it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.