Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The ranch is becoming a reality

A laugh a minute
    If they do want to settle out of court, don't do it. Because, what ever they offer you, that means they know you will get more than that if you do go to court. And yes the jury will be on your side because they are citizens like everyone else in that area and would look at it as if it was happening to them. They will get pissed off and ask for heads on a platter and the juggler. So don't settle out of court, be smart and go for the full blown jury trail.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Where's the epi?

Guess we'll see what happens. The problem with going to court is time. We would have to wait over a year for a court date. We really want to get working on another piece of land before shtf! I'm sure our lawyer will tell us if it's a good deal or not. That's what we're paying him for
    I apologize for nothing...

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Well... IMOP... It was probably meant to be. It sucks and all but I guess it just wasn't THE place. Will you be losing the dozer that BWRR spent all that time working on and the truck in the settlement or will you be able to keep them?
    You two will find THE place and it will be all worth it.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Where's the epi?

I asked the lawyer about that and he said we should be able to keep everything but the bank could try to demand the stuff. Considering what they did is a crime I think maybe we can use that to 'blackmail' them sort of speak and keep the stuff. We won't go down without swinging. If they insist then we just may insist on going public with what was done and let them deal with the fallout. The FDIC could come in and take over their bank when a crime is committed. I think we have the upper hand so they should just make a really good offer and walk away or we can put them in front of a jury of OUR peers. People don't exactly like banks right now nor realtors who try to just make a sale.
    I believe the same thing. I think the Lord has decided that this land is no longer the right one for us and we need get one closer to Izzy and Bp. That property is in the opposite direction and puts us further away from them than we are right now. I keep thinking that the way things are coming down the pike we need to prepare for some of the colony to making the treck to us should shtf and we need to be able to accomodate them...we must get ready as soon as possible - so much work to do.

Walking on Sunshine

lady
    keep on pressing on. See Pm

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I'm praying for you guys! You will be shown the right path. And this incident may well lead you to the land which fulfills all your dreams and needs. Stay strong and persevere.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Wow love the pics very beautiful scenery there.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom72171 View Post
    Wow love the pics very beautiful scenery there.
    It is a beautiful piece of land. Lots of water, beautiful trees, not too far away from a town but far enough that we wouldn't be bothered. Met some great neighbors (landowners) that are pretty much like us. But on the downside, there's been a problem with tresspassers especially during hunting season and since we can't be there it's almost impossible to keep them off. The land is tainted now. It's not what we bought. We bought land with a flat access, not one that we have to build a road and drive through 325 acres up and down and across streams pulling trailers with our animals not to mention anyone that wants to visit us. We didn't agree to share it with every tom, dick and harry to come through either so they will have to buy it back.

So far no word. I wish it would get done so we can put our house back on the market, of course the day we had to take it off we had 2 calls wanting to see it and one of them was a guy who was interested in getting our apple orchard back up and running. Maybe he'll still be in the market when we're ready.