Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The ranch is becoming a reality

Where's the epi?

The ranch is becoming a reality

Well we finally were able to get out to the property for the first time since we closed on it last month. It wasn't raining or freezing ice cold. It was a nice day in the upper 40's and we took the dogs for a day to try and see more of the land which we are going to hopefully in the next couple of years make home. We walked for most of the day (and my body is feeling it - a fall didn't help) and even though we still haven't seen all of the the property we did find some new things. I am amazed at all of the water sources! It looks like they are all spring fed and all stone bottom...not individual little stones but big slabs!
    DH found a spring feeding into the main creek on his first day out there so we traced it back to it's origion and he hit the motherlode!!! I think it's perfect for hydropower. It is a solid rock channel with awesome flow. The realtor didn't even know it existed.
    There are beautiful areas for horseback riding and gentle topography along with nice hilltops - all of which so far seems walkable. Again I am amazed at the water bubbling everywhere and the fact that it's not dirt bottom but beautiful stone/slate.

I'm going to try to post some pics and you can see how clear the water is (I know...I'm just thrilled with the water!) and as we go I'll post more pics. We are looking at metal buildings right now for barns. We still have to decide where to put things but that will have to wait until we actually get to see all of the property a few times to get the feel of it and maybe hire a surveyer and have all the water sources tested to make sure we can actually drink it.

This is a tunnel that is under an old rail road bed. The rail road bed is our "access" to the property. The rail had to cross this little creek so they put this cool tunnel in.

This is the channel that is cut in rock by the spring that my dh found. It looks like mud on the sides and bottom but it is actually all rock! It is so cool.

Well this is a start for now. Will continue on as time permits.
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

pls let me know if the pics don't show up right.
    I apologize for nothing...

GunnerMax
    they dont lady.

GunnerMax
    What a nice looking place Lady. I am interested in how you go about setting up hydroelectric power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Wow, great pics!!! Love the tunnel!

For the Love of Cats

That place is just so full of WIN it's scary!

Thanks for sharing!!

A laugh a minute
    wow what a beautiful place. I know you will treat it kind when you start building. This summer be careful of the copperheads. We have a lot here and when we turn over logs and rocks when working they are there.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Can't see the pics.

For the Love of Cats

If you copy/paste the core from her post into your browser, you can then flip through them.

ie:

^ copy paste that... and then click on the foreward/back buttons to scroll through

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Cool thanks Sniper

Great looking place. How big is it?
    Last edited by helomech; 02-28-2012 at 12:50 PM.