Just a thought here on Armors.

SUre, we would all like to have the latest and greatest armor out there incase we get into a fight. But lets face it....we probably dont have said armor. We could go out and buy some level3 stuff with plates, but these can be very expensive and stick out quite a bit..very noticeable while your out at the bar or grabbing a burger. So what are some alternatives?

Jean jackets, especially if they are lined for colder climates can help to slow down a knife, club and smaller caliber rounds. They can also keep road rash off you and help keep you warm.

My personal is my leather jacket. cost me 350$. Its a victory motorcycle jacket with shoulder cups and elbow guards (which i took out). Over my jacket is my leather patch vest i wear also. Between the 2 i am fairly well protected against knifes strikes, punches, clubs, small calibers and road rash. But please note that my setup weigh about 10 pounds!! But then again i am a big guy and used to wearing it. This setup also keeps me warm and dry and does not stick out like "Armor" does.

So what are some of the ways you have found to protect yourself without sticking out?