Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Jerry Cans

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Plastic Jerry Cans

I fully admit I'm being lazy and not using that fancy new thing called "google"....

But does anybody know of a source for those heavy plastic Jerry cans for both water or fuel that doesn't cost $50/ea plus $600 shipping?

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

GunnerMax
    U.S. Military - Style 20l (5 1/4 - Gal.) Jerry Can, Olive Drab - 904142, Misc Surplus at Sportsman's Guide

let me know if you want some of these, as I get buyers club discount

I know they are metal, but cheaper than plastic

hey stig, we have some over here, and I will look at the numbers on them tomorrow. Ill tell you the NSN, price, and company that makes MILSPEC ones, if that helps
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 03-10-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GunnerMax
    i was just looking at that link izzy....

Thanks guys
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

i think i saw a few of these last gear run I did with Lunchbox
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    The problem I have with these damn Jerry cans, is they are so damn expensive. Literally prohibitive just by cost of shipping expensive. I have a few, and although they offer a great volume of storage, I cant see paying out the wazoo for them. I lucked out and got some on DRMO here at base, but if it wasnt for that, I would just use my regular gas cans.

Do you have a robot?
    The Spector containers are what the military uses. The below link is one of their civilian distributors. They are expensive however they are worth the money if you can afford them. I have a bunch that I got out of the DRMO too so the price was right. One thing that you might consider is to pick some up that do not have tops. Most people will just about give these away. New tops are $8.50 so that will give you a complete unit.
    Bottom Line Military Sales, LLC - LIQUID CONTAINERS

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    The problem I have with these damn Jerry cans, is they are so damn expensive. Literally prohibitive just by cost of shipping expensive. I have a few, and although they offer a great volume of storage, I cant see paying out the wazoo for them. I lucked out and got some on DRMO here at base, but if it wasnt for that, I would just use my regular gas cans.
    Yea, I can't see paying $25+/ea plus shipping. They are nice and give me a great deal more confidence than the $6 WallMart ones I have but I can't see the $20 to $30 each extra to get them.

STig,

there were 3 or 4 surplus stores down near Camp Shelby / Hattiesburg last time I was in the area.

I'd say you could probably find some there and save yourself some shipping. I think the 40 minute drive would be less costly than the shipping, and you may be able to haggle the surplus guys down a bit.