Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRE!!!!

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

FIRE!!!!

So this morning me and the woman head out to meet her daughters boyfriends family at there farm. We brought guns to shoot. Ate some good busrgers and stuff, his family are good people. Got to shoot my sig finally, love at firt shot!!!! The woman preferred the 9 mm round over my 40. Different strokes......

On the way home after several hours of very fun and relaxing time at the farm. I get to the edge of town and my phone rings. I answer it....

"Yeah."

"The house is on fire."

"WHAT!?!?!"

"Yeah, there is smoke coming from joes room. we called the fire department."

"On my way." Click.

SO iu follow the fire truck to my house. It was a about 300 yards ahead of me. They put the fire out. YAY!

Apparantly my fiancees oldest son (30 year old college gtrad who lives in our basement bedroom and pays no rent.....) Went to work this morning and left a candle burning on the window ledge and it fell over onto his bed..... Yeah.

Chief said the room hit over 800 degrees, and had the window been closed the whole house would have went up. Fortunately only his room was torched, along with his brand new computer, 55 inch tv etc etc.....

Rest oif the house has smoke damage but since a friend of a friend was master electrician he came out and got our power back within the hour. SO we have power and water, no gas for heat or hot water. That is ok though....we can shower elsewhere.

God takes care of his own. We are well taken care of.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Man that sucks, but glad it was not worse.

For the Love of Cats

wow. glad you're ok. I'm thinking that maybe it's time he moved out??

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad no one was hurt and it wasn't worse than it was. It does suck and will be a lot of work cleaning up the mess. It does sound like a (ir)responsible party needs to get to work cleaning ASAP.

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper it should be has moved out....... Well it was time to remodel the basement anyway, don't for get to put in a walk in safe and shelving for your preps. If you don't have a bed down there people can't sleep there.... Glad your family is okay. That is why we have insurance, to protect us from natural and unnatural disasters.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

glad everyone is okay man! Fires are scary business... been there done that have the pictures to prove it... glad it didnt turn out worse than it did...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Where's the epi?

Thank God there were no animals in there.
    I apologize for nothing...

Walking on Sunshine

Glad no one was hurt. Hope the damage gets fixed quickly.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Thank God there were no animals in there.
    My dog was put outside, but the cat was still in the basement and firmenem FINALLY found her. she WAS white with brown and black spots. today she is grey with blacker and browner spots. And she leaves little kitty soot footprints everywhere now. =) But they are ok.

I truly love my dog (and her kat to an extent) as if they were my flesh and blood children. So them being ok kept me sane. MY dog won't leave me alone as she is very intuned with my mental goings-ons. And they are both pretty scared kids. Last night we slept at home cuz power is back on and we got water. Had to boil water for my bath this morning, but thats ok. I was sleeping in the bed on my pillow, dog was next to me on HER pillow, and fiancee was next to her on HER 3 pillows (and stuffed doggy), cat was all over (sometimes sleeping at fiancees feet, sometimes sharing pillows with her and dog. It was kinda cute. Animals are stressed, but will be ok in a few days i am sure.

Thanx for the love. With support from friends like you guys and God's unflinching love we shall overcome even this.

CC Gray Panther
    Sorry to read about the fire. Glad everyone is unhurt and that the animals are fine.
    Hope the clean up goes well.