Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge F*7%ing Waste!

For the Love of Cats

well, by conservative estimates, I figure I lost about 700 pounds of food. I was able to keep nothing that was in there, for various reasons.

I`ll start a freezer thread to outline what I learned.

I`ve got my bear bait station well stocked, a good pile in my composting barrel, and set my neighbour up for a good bear season as well

I am scared to guess at the dollar value of the stuff we lost; but if I had to I`d start over $2000.

I am just disgusted!

I'll most likely shit myself

That's tough Sniper. Sorry to hear it. There's never a good time to lose any food, let alone that much.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Dang thats too bad. Looks like it's time to hard wire the freezer in or at least wrap a plastic strip around the cord next to the plug and screw it to the wall. Oh one more thing if you do this... Hide the screw drivers... (wink)

For the Love of Cats

I cannot hardwire in yet, because as my garage reno's progress, I figure I will need to move the freezer two more times yet. but I did run the wires to put a dedicated box behind where it is now (and it's future locations, so while it is empty, I will move it out, wire in a 'hot' recepticle, and it'll be in a completely inaccessible place when I move the freezer back. In each subsequent move, I will do the same thing.
    lesson learnt!!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I hate to hear food like that going to waste no matter the cause.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I think I would have picked something tastey to hide up inside her car seat, inside an open plastic bag, just so it didn't actually leak into the seat. Let that linger, she'll remember...

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutter-0311 View Post
    I think I would have picked something tastey to hide up inside her car seat, inside an open plastic bag, just so it didn't actually leak into the seat. Let that linger, she'll remember...
    Yea you could do that ; But after 40 yrs. of marriage I know that if I did that I'd be tangling with a Badger and that's a no no. Like Sniper said ; shit happens and it can all be replaced. I have a feeling his wife feels pretty bad about it and between them will come up with a fail proof system.

Remember ; If momma ain't happy your mad don't mean squat. You have a stand off.

Does not fish with big brother
    +1 for the hard wire and may I add Use the same circut as the bathroom light. Why because this room is used multiple timess during the day and if the circut is knocked out due to a short or otherwise you will hear some one say " The bathroom lights dont seem to be working." alerting you to hmm better check the refridge and freezer need to be checked!

I would also suggest using a lighted outlet. That way when you walk past you can see the light and know its working.
    There is a lighted outlet out there that wont light unless somthing is plugged in.

I'll most likely shit myself

Those are excellent ideas Aneurysm. I gonna be doing some electrical work this fall. I believe those two ideas will get installed during that work.