Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The fishing blues

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

A Mormon bug is a type of terrestrial grasshopper or something that hatches in May/June out there in the area around Vernal (where there is good arrowhead hunting, BTW). We used big Sofa Pillow flies and slapped them down on the water. Supposedly these are the same hoppers that about wiped out the farms back in the 1800's, but the farmers were saved by gulls from the Great Salt Lake flying in to eat them. When a really good hatch of them happens all serious fly fishermen head toward Flaming Gorge.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Premium Member
    ^
    Grumpy, that's good to know. Maybe if I can get back out there next year, I'll make a point to go in May or June. I love fishing of any kind, both fresh and salt water. I don't do much offshore stuff any more as I sold my offshore boat.....cost to much, hard day, and beats me up to too. When I go offshore now, I just hire a charter. Most of my fishing is bay/back country salt water, and fresh water lakes and rivers. I'm headed to the panhandle of Florida tonight for a couple of weeks to fish St. Joe Bay and the intercoastal. I've gotta treat my "fishing blues".
    Last edited by Willie51; 08-31-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Man I envy you that! Our lagoons are okay, but nothing like what you guys have down there. Oh, I know this is a fishing thread, but tomorrow is opening day of dove season out here!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Man I envy you that! Our lagoons are okay, but nothing like what you guys have down there. Oh, I know this is a fishing thread, but tomorrow is opening day of dove season out here!
    What part of the country are you in? You can PM if you need to. Anyway, I have not been dove hunting in 12 years. Last time I went, I took my young son who now just graduated from college. Wow, time flys. Have fun and hope you get lots of birds.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Yeah man, I was bummed! Next time I'm gonna make sure that I don't have a schedule to meet on the back end of the trip.
    Late Sept early Oct is the best time to go... The weather and the fishing is fantastic!
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Willie, I am in the People's Republick of Kommiefornicastan in the south. BTW only 7 more sleeps til the next tuna trip.

Quo Vadis?

Premium Member
    ^Grumpy, have fun and catch some tuna for all of us. My wife was born out there, but grew up in beautiful central Wisconsin. She still has a brother and sister in PRK, one in the south and one in the middle.

I did a little bass fishing yesterday, but finally got rained out. Had fun anyways!!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

May the Tuna Gods shine down on you Grumpy!
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

For the Love of Cats

^ can't say it any better than that!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Wear em out Grumpy. Most of all have a ton o fun!