Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The fishing blues

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Well, Saturday was the fishing blues for me. It was overcast and a low pressure cell was moving in, so I expected to slay the poor stocker trout! Well, I was reminded of why we call it fishing and not catching. I, and everybody else got skunked. 2 1/2 hours was all my fun-o-meter could handle, particularly after the wind came up. So I have nothing to report on the gulp worms, other than the last time I used them there I caught a couple of 2 pounders. Oh well, it beat the heck out of working, even if it did leave me grumpy. Grumpy
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Nada this weekend.Same conditions.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    The eyes of the jigs are concave, with metalic eyes.
    Thanks Sniper! That's what it looked like, just wanted to verify. I will be ordering a shit pot full of them. They should work great on the crappie down here.

For the Love of Cats

They have been my 'goto' for nearly 20 years. I've won many tournies with them, and set up many friends with them. Dude... especially up here... they're hot hot hot!

price around, but Northlands is the only one that makes that exact one. I've tried everything that looks like it, is similar colour, and I've tried making my own with every 'gold' kit that is out there. NOTHING works as well

I'm trying to source another 1000 of them. most box stores will deal, but cash up front and begrudgingly. They see me buying them and selling them to my friends as money out of their pockets (which it is), But honestly... I don't care. In an average fishing year, I'll go through a couple hundred.

IF.... and that is a BIG IF, I can get a decent price down south... I buy them by the 1000, sell enough to cover my cost, and keep the balance.

FYI... here they are up to $1.50 ea. Down there, in bulk, when I can...I buy them for .65 ea.

big difference

BIG BIG difference!

Walking on Sunshine

Guys, hope you don't mind but as my experience with fishing is to put worm on hook and drown it before Iever catch anything. I want to pick your brains for ideas for the couple of serious fishermen I know. One is bro in law ,the other is one of the brokers I work with. I know it's early for Xmas but with my three guys( brokers) it usually takes a while for me to come up with a nice gift, not too personal but thoughtful and not too expensive for each of them. BIL usually will put one or two things on his list but if I get his name I try to get something not on the list but some thing he has wanted IF he says anything tothe wifeand it's not on her family's gift list. Co worker is a bit harder, I know he does a lot of bass fishing. Has for years so he'll be a bit tougher. Coming up with something he doesn't have a gazillion of.

For the Love of Cats

you need to tell us where they fish, for what (species), and what manner they fish.

If they`re long lining in the ocean, then lake and river lures are nogo. same with viceversa.

fly fishing and sniggling catfish are completely different balls of wax as well.

Ask to see some pics of they`re fishing forays, if you don`t know the answers to the above.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Guys, hope you don't mind but as my experience with fishing is to put worm on hook and drown it before Iever catch anything. I want to pick your brains for ideas for the couple of serious fishermen I know. One is bro in law ,the other is one of the brokers I work with. I know it's early for Xmas but with my three guys( brokers) it usually takes a while for me to come up with a nice gift, not too personal but thoughtful and not too expensive for each of them. BIL usually will put one or two things on his list but if I get his name I try to get something not on the list but some thing he has wanted IF he says anything tothe wifeand it's not on her family's gift list. Co worker is a bit harder, I know he does a lot of bass fishing. Has for years so he'll be a bit tougher. Coming up with something he doesn't have a gazillion of.
    Deep water Bass Jig... FOOTBALL JIG GREEN PUMPKIN CRAW 3/8 OZ

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you. BIL fishes up in ontario every may but I really can't say where as the lake and camping site changes every year. As for co worker he goes up to Houghton lake here in Michigan. He does a lot of trout and bass fishing. Evolver, lure looks great, Thank you, appreciate the idea. I really appreciate you guys's help.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Going tomorrow.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I'll be heading out Saturday early.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com