Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The fishing blues

For the Love of Cats

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Went Saturday to the Stick Marsh. For those of you not familiar with the place, it is a catch & release bass impoundment south of Melbourne FL. It's been around since the mid 80"s but got devestated during our 2005 hurricane season when all the grass was ripped out by the wave action and most of the remaining trees snapped off. The grass is just starting to come back after the 2010 winter, which for us was very cold and had a freeze down to so FL and it killed almost all the tilapia and armoured catfish that were eating all the new growth as soon as it started.
    Anyway, I've been fishing it since it opened and always hit it during the spring as that is prime time there.
    This trip the wife and I managed 23 bass up to this 6# fish all on artificials (which is all we use).

The fishing can be so good at times that 75 fish days are possible.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Sweet.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

^^^^^^ What he said!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice bass!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

So I am going fishing tomorrow on Diamond Valley lake. I ordered a six pack of Panther Martin copper bladed lures to try out. I was tracking them at USPS and expected delivery yesterday per their routing. No lures. So, when I went online today they are in Honolulu at a sorting facility. So I guess I'll get them next week. I'll just have to use spoons and jigs.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Slow week for Crappe,white fliptails stopped working,went back to minnows.
    caught 4 pound to pound 1/2,keeper here is 10".Took 2 Hybrid striped Bass on the minnows.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Poor fishing off Ft. Pierce today. Poor, poor, poor. Nuff said. Try again tomorrow. Oh yeh, I hate bonitas.

Fish feast.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Rub it in. Saturday was a bust with 3 bonitas and one Spanish Mackerel. At least we had supper. Now, the water is blown up and we can't get out for a few days. It will get better.