yep, MTR... that's exactly what you do... if you want to hobble on crutches and have your wife open ketchup bottles for you for the rest of your life!

Me, I'd hightail it back to the house and grab a camera and a .22! Let the show begin.

would drano, in itself eat through a 2 liter bottle? could some foil be added to the bottle, without allowing it to touch the drano. could this be set up as a defensive system, which is safe, unless tipped over? ie drano in first, shove some tinfoil in, but keep a tail out, that you secure by screwing the cap on. stand the bottle 20-30 feet ahead of the trigger, and have a trip wire running back and across the path. someone trips it. reaction starts, they get close, they regret trespassing?

I AM NOT ADVOCATING DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS, AS UNDER OUR CURRENT LAWS IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! AND IT WOULD BE DANGEROUS!!! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

I am however, hypothesizing if there could be a practical value to this knowledge.

Further, what would happen in a glass or steel container?

MODS!!! If this post goes beyond acceptable boundaries, please delete, and chastise gently... I know it is pushing it!