Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know where ....

Walking on Sunshine

Anybody know where ....

I can find a supply of Mecurechrome or Merthiolate? We used to have it when I was growing up, called it jumping juice, cause it stung like the dickens. But it worked on minor cuts and scrapes. I haven't found anything on line as of yet.

A laugh a minute
    Are you talking about that antiseptic that turns your skin orange and burns? If so I thought any drugstore carried it and even Wal Mart. I don't use it so I haven't looked for it. Have you checked the health stores?

Walking on Sunshine

Yup "jumping juice". I haven't seen it in stores lately. I seem to have some fugitive information floating around the brain case that it wasn't being made any more but I haven't found anything on line yet. Just thought you all might have a clue and point me in good directions. Will try the health store in town
    Thanks Taz.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Believe it or not, Amazon appears to have some.

Check this out

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

I thought it was Iodine that turned your skin orange, and stung like &*^%*&*!!

ETA: and Stig posts with a pic while I type...

I recognize that label too, and yeah that was nasty stuff!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Stig swoops in for the save............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks stig, I mst be having a real brain drain not to have checked on Amazon. Of course with all the racket going around me due to the renovations going on, I got me a real bad headache last couple of days, not thinking straight.
    Sniper, checked with my sis it was the merthiolate that turned skin red and stung. Mercurochrome turns orange and doesn't sting as bad. Thanks again guys for putting me straight!

Do you have a robot?
    Nothing like a little pain to let you know you are still alive..........

Check the ingredients before you order. The merthiolate that used to work so well contained thiomersal. It was banned from over the counter use because of the mercury. That is why merthiolate is hard to find. The popularity dropped after the formula was changed.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks carly, I will check. They did the same thing with Tavist-D because a few people had trouble with one of the ingredients in it. When they changed the formula, it stopped working for me.