Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Killed my first snake of the season

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Realist. I will take that into consideration next time! LOL
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Eh... i dont like snakes...

If I recall, the copperheads are extra dangerous now because they reduced manufacturing their anti venom due to the companies not making a profit... May be a rumor, but if that's true id kill the bastards! Oh hell, who am i kidding, I'd kill it anyways.... I don't like poisonous snakes... We have too many snakes down here...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

I worry a lot more about copper heads around here than Rattler's. No warning, they are amazing at blending into the background, and are just dam mean. rattler's will wran you and flee if they can, copper heads just wait and strike. They do have a lot less potent venom than a rattler.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I worry a lot more about copper heads around here than Rattler's. No warning, they are amazing at blending into the background, and are just dam mean. rattler's will wran you and flee if they can, copper heads just wait and strike. They do have a lot less potent venom than a rattler.
    I have found that copperheads are not aggressive at all. My puppy stepped on on the other night and it didn't even try to strike. I have picked up a bunch of them and they never got aggressive.

Here is the biggest one I ever caught, and yes I did release him alive.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have found that copperheads are not aggressive at all. My puppy stepped on on the other night and it didn't even try to strike. I have picked up a bunch of them and they never got aggressive.

Are you CRAZY? I would never pick a copperhead up. If you are lucky enough to find one that has just eaten, then it would not be aggressive. But I am not going to ask them if they are hungry or not, I am going to KILL everyone I find. All the one's we have found are very aggressive and strike at everything and when they strike they jump at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Are you CRAZY? I would never pick a copperhead up. If you are lucky enough to find one that has just eaten, then it would not be aggressive. But I am not going to ask them if they are hungry or not, I am going to KILL everyone I find. All the one's we have found are very aggressive and strike at everything and when they strike they jump at you.

I have caught at least 20 of them, and killed more than that and never had one strike at me. The one in the pic I had to poke it over and over again to get it to strike a stick. I wanted to catch the strike on camera, but I was to slow and only got it to strike twice. Even though I tried for over 5 minutes. I catch every snake I see. Even caught a few coral snakes, those are very docile. Now a water maccasin is very aggressive.

For the Love of Cats

I love the cabinets in the background... Guns and Grease!

lol. man's garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I love the cabinets in the background... Guns and Grease!

lol. man's garage
    That is actually the hanger we work on our helicopters in. Just grease guns, no real guns.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

You have more stones than I do in this matter.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    You have more stones than I do in this matter.
    I don't mind snakes much, only have to watch out for the head. Unlike other animals that have many ways to hurt you.