Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canning Outdoors. ( My Eureka Moment)

A laugh a minute
    Yes it does. Just thought by looking at it that the legs on the stove weren't strong enough to hold all the pots that would be full and heavy. Thanks ID.

If its cool outside, we can in the house on our propane stove. In the heat of summer, we use the large side burner on the grill, which is plumbed into our main 500 gallon propane tank.
    never thought about using the turkey frier, and for once, something I already have!
    As a side note, since we switched from electric stove to gas, I'll never go back.

For the Love of Cats

Who's still pressure canning???

bump!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I'm not, but want to get into it. I think i'm finally in a position to get everything and start.

Walking on Sunshine

I'm still water bath canning but haven't gotten out the pressure canner yet. Due to health issues and Son's death haven't been up for much right now.Plus we are still having a bit of trouble getting jars and lids. Things are starting to roll in but I haven't seen any quart jars yet. Hoping they'll start showing up soon. Have gone to a few estate sales but if they had jars, the first people in the door grab'em.Same with the cast iron. Still trying to locate CI saucepans at garage/estate sales.