Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlebelt Selection- Help!

GunnerMax
    izzy, I know it is cost effective to use one for both. But I dont want to have my fighing rig setup with the AK, and my work rig setup for M-4. They dont mix (even though the 3/2 pouch I want to get is good for both). I find it a pain to do any MOLLE weaving.

Reasons for not using, besides the above posts:

My dropleg for work is a Serpa dropleg, with 2 attachment points, and my Glock one is a 1 point Safariland.
    My flashlights from work to play are different, and have different holsters
    Multitools are different
    Canteen pouches are different, along with canteens.

hell, when the time comes I can put in another order for gear/ammo, the wife will limit me.
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 04-03-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Gunner.....

I know what you mean.

Take a look at these mag pouches. They hold BOTH AR and AK mags.

HSGI "TACO" Modular Single Rifle Magazine Pouch

HSGI makes awesome gear and these pouches are top notch.

Just trying to save you a little cash in the long run.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Bacon Spam

so is the SOE Tapered Battle belt, about the only padded part of a belt that you can get separate ?? or are there other companies that make the padded sections ?? ......reason I ask is I already have a 5.11 tactical belt to fit my fat ass and would like to get some sort of padded battle belt......

GunnerMax
    Most battlebelts let you use your belt.

Bacon Spam

gotta bump this with another stupid belt question....sorry in advance

is there any real disadvantage to only a 3 section wide of molly loops like on the 5.11 LBE belt

reason I ask is cause a lot of the AR mag pouches are so much longer ( length wise ) with the molly straps ride below the belt by a good 2 inches and it looks like it may ride up......when using a belt do you just use pouches with smaller molly loops, see the right side ( smaller loops ) but the large medical type pouch on the left sits so much lower ???
    what to do like in this situation below ??
    thanks
    Last edited by rentprop1; 04-20-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Crotch Rocket

As long as you weave the straps between the belt and the pouch there isn't any problem. They get locked into place that way regardless of length.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon Spam

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    As long as you weave the straps between the belt and the pouch there isn't any problem. They get locked into place that way regardless of length.
    even when a good 2 inches of the straps hang underneath ?? it seems like it would unsnap easier dangling like that

Crotch Rocket

Even then. Do the weave, run the excess under the webbing on the pouch, and do the snap. Even if the snap pops open its going to be locked in place. If you look at izzy's "Revamp" thread you'll see where several of our pouches look like that. My mag, radio, and trauma pouches all do it. I overload and generally beat the hell out of my stuff, and it never moves.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'm really surprised that nobody has reccomended the US Grunt Gear "Infidel" War Belt

Bacon Spam

here is a nice review of the Infidel War Belt

Infidel War Belt - YouTube