Thread: Buck Paclite

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Buck Paclite

Got this a while back and thought I would share.

Found this guy at Wally world for $17 bucks.

Overall construction is pretty good. It is a full tang/ skeleton style knife. It is marketed as a skinner, but I think it would serve well as a small survival or tactical knife.

I wasn't big on the thin handle as I have pretty big hands. Some quick paracord wrap fixed that and made the grip feel more substantial and more grippy in general.

For the price, this one is a hard knife to pass up. I've used it doing a little skinning, and it performs admirably. As an all around blade, it also handles camp and everyday chores very well. I find that when in a reverse grip (were talking knife fighting here, folks), the knife proves to be very comfortable and extremely nimble. The knife is very robust and will stn a lot of abuse.

Cutting through heavy nylon strapping and rope of various sizes up to .75 inches was simple and clean.

Whatever coating Buck decided to put on the blade does a great job at keeping the rust and tarnish away.

The sheath is to be desired, but I plan on making a kydex sheath for it anyway.

The knife is made in the USA and comes with Buck's outstanding lifetime warranty.

If you are in the market for a good knife, the Paclite is a great choice at a fantastic price.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A laugh a minute
    Nice find and cheap price. Looks like it would a nice woman's knife and can hide anywhere. How long is it?

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Nice blade,like the paracord wrap.For $17 that can't be beat.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Nice find and cheap price. Looks like it would a nice woman's knife and can hide anywhere. How long is it?

blade is 3.5 inches and overall length is 8 inches.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.