Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerber Bear Grylls Compact fixed blade

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Gerber Bear Grylls Compact fixed blade

Saw it and wanted it.

I present the Gerber Bear Grylls compact fixed blade.

Picked this up at Wally World (do you see a pattern here?)

I am not a drinker of the Bear Grylls Kool-aid, but I really like the design of this knife.

I am quite impressed with this knife.

Blade Length: 3.4 in

• Overall Length: 7.8"
    • Weight: 3.77 oz
    • Weight in Sheath: 4.97 oz.
    • Steel Type: 7Cr17Mov

This knife is light, handy, and robust. The rubber handle is very comfortable.

It includes a plastic sheath with a belt clip. You can use the clip to secure the knife to just about anything.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Also included is a small waterproof copy of the priorities of survival. Before I began testing, I felt that to give the review the "Bear Grylls" authentic feel, I needed too heed survival priority #1.....

SO after completing the prerequisites........

This knife so far has handled everything I have thrown at it.

Cardboard, rope, webbing, even bamboo. No issues cutting anything so far.

Making fuzzy sticks for fire starting was also a breeze.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The design is just right for use as a small survival knife in the BOB, camping/ backpacking trip, or even carry for defense (check your local laws....).

This knife hits the wallet somewhere around the $30 mark. Not bad.

Only downside is that it is made in China. I guess I can't have everything.

Izzy

Crotch Rocket

I always thought moonshine was clear... so I looked up apple jack. Tell us the truth, that was truly the contents of your jar, wasn't it?

Careful with that knife now, I'd hate for you to cut yourself while inebriated.

On second thought, just send that thing up here. I'll hold on to it until you sober up.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I always thought moonshine was clear... so I looked up apple jack. Tell us the truth, that was truly the contents of your jar, wasn't it?

Only I will ever know....refer to survival priority #1.......

I like this knife so much, I have decided to make it part of my EDC.

It now rests very securely on my strong side just behind my pistol:

I'll most likely shit myself

I've saw that knife in some stores. Never had a chance to handle one. Nice review. I've been looking for a fixed blade knife for the wife's GHB, that one may get a much closer look.

BP,
    it is perfect for a GHB, waist pack or similar. Give it a hard look. I'm in love with this knife.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Now all you need is a watch....lol. Nice review Izzy.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

I'm a big fan of Gerber products, nice review.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

A laugh a minute
    Nice knife, just my size too. I am looking for a knife that was given to me a long time ago but now lost. Can't remember the name but it was small, black, straight blade with a gut hook. Maybe you guy's who knows knife might be able to help. I used it when I went hunting.