Thread: Gerber Profile

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Gerber Profile

And yet again, I found another sleeper.

Yet again, I found it at Wal-mart.

This is the Gerber Profile.

Hit my wallet for about $20 ( doing gear reviews for ya'll is getting expensive)......

I think that Gerber scored another small win with this knife.

Marketed as a skinner, I find this knife very capable of dealing with that task, as well as being a great, inexpensive option for survival or defense. It even has a "tactical" vibe to it.

Scales are soft rubber and very comfortable.

• Overall Length: 8.56 inches
    • Blade Length: 3.5 inches
    • Weight: 6.1 oz

The sheath is to be desired, but I suppose it does the job. I see another kydex project coming on.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Once again, this knife is very comfortable to the hand and handles well.

Here it is next to the Bear Grylls Compact fixed blade (review here: http://www.shtfready.com/equipment-b...lade-1675.html )

Testing for the last few Gerber product I have reviewed was almost mundane. I put all of them through what tests I could and all have passed with flying colors.

Rope, wood, cardboard, etc. No issues.

If you're looking for another fixed blade option for the outdoors, this knife packs a value that's hard to pass up.

Izzy
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Great review as always.
    You must be a blade person.

For the Love of Cats

Izzy, In disguise:

cool little knife!

I'm not necessarily a "blade person" per se, but I appreciate a good knife. My intent was to highlight a few good blades for our use that won't break the bank. Had these knifes been a POS, I woulda made that very clear, but so far each of the knives has been a win.

I've been happy with my Gerber Profile, enough so that I bought another (one for camping, one for hunting). I bought it for gutting/skinning and try not to abuse my knives so I don't know how it would hold up if tortured but it certainly feels good and sturdy. I like that it's full tang and intended to replace the grips with wood scales but ended up liking the feel so much that I left it alone.