Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American’s “Arab Spring"

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Anarchists.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I go back and forth on this.

Part of me thinks this could become a real issue across the country as the temperatures rise and it gets trendy to "join the cause". All it takes is a few real idiots to touch off some major unrest.

The other part of me thinks this will be a passing fad that will end when the first heads are cracked or the pot-heads get tired and go home to nap.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

I tend to think that last years version was more of the folks just being there to support a cause. If, and I don't really think this is a huge reach, there have been people ranging from Mexican drug runners, to the new black panthers, to Iranian special forces, to al-quieda, or just pick your variety of radical thug infiltrating or organizing our country. This could spread from crowds gathering in some big cities to include a lot of mid to smaller size towns. I'm hoping I am wrong, but after the hype from stuff like the Trevon Martin incident and many others over the past few months, I just get a bad feeling about this crap getting put up on the national media. It seems the pot just keeps getting stirred and more fuel being added to the fire.

Do you have a robot?
    If Obummer get elected they will get away with more and more with the word going out to government workers to stay out of it. That and the government's backhanded approval will do nothing but incite them. I see the poor cities getting poorer with the drain on thier economies having to deal with the unrest. It will just perpetuate the problems of the inter cities. Sooooooooo it might be a nice to to take a drive to see the countryside.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

May be time to stock up on food and ammo. That phone tree we are implementing may also get a tryout sooner then expected. Depending on how ell funded and organized these assholes are, this could just be the prelude to 'Big Government" take over of everything. Am I paranoid know , am I cautious , yes. Prep wisely. Spare cash and a few caches would also be a good idea.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

A heads up for everyone, here is a link to the "99% Spring" Action Training MoveOn.org Civic Action I inserted my zip just to see how many training events would be in my area. I found two that were already full and that account for 250 people another that is almost full. Since I live just outside Philadelphia, I can see my summer is going to be interesting to say the least.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    A heads up for everyone, here is a link to the "99% Spring" Action Training MoveOn.org Civic Action I inserted my zip just to see how many training events would be in my area. I found two that were already full and that account for 250 people another that is almost full. Since I live just outside Philadelphia, I can see my summer is going to be interesting to say the least.

5 in my area, almost full. 2 of them are at CWA, and UAW halls. Go figure. With UAW pay, and benefits/retirement, I'd say those guys are part of the top 1% of the 99% The civil war that has quietly raged in our country seems ready to go violent. It'll be a shame really, you always wonder what's really in it for the organizers of these things, and why people are stupid enough to participate... what's in it for them? Do they get a spot at the front of the bread line when they take us down?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Where's the epi?

One 28 miles away from me...10 people joined with a 50 person capacity.
    I apologize for nothing...

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    5 in my area, almost full. 2 of them are at CWA, and UAW halls. Go figure. With UAW pay, and benefits/retirement, I'd say those guys are part of the top 1% of the 99% The civil war that has quietly raged in our country seems ready to go violent. It'll be a shame really, you always wonder what's really in it for the organizers of these things, and why people are stupid enough to participate... what's in it for them? Do they get a spot at the front of the bread line when they take us down?
    I've never been anti union,they have done great things sadly in the past,the leadership now is as left as you can get.SEIU is one very dangerous group.

"Labor unions have also become the military wing of the democratic party. If the democrats can’t get the public to go along with their agenda peacefully, they dispatch the union thugs to crack some heads."

Read more: The Ugly History Of The SEIU

I'll most likely shit myself

Theres one about 25 miles from me with 7 refgistered out of 200 possible.