Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American’s “Arab Spring"

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Care to guess how many there are around me and Foulball. 14 within 50 miles of me, 11 sold out with the western ones 99 registrants. Even out here this Saturday's sessions are at 90% capacity. And I live in the reddest county in Kommiefornicastan- solidly Republican. This does not b ode well for this summer. But I expect most action to take place farther west of me. Good time to review your situational awareness.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

CC Gray Panther
    Went to the link and found 2 in Akron which is about 20 miles away. And around 12 total within 84 miles to me.
    Could be an interesting summer here in Ohio.

I am surprised that there are only 9 within 30 miles of me. I'm a bit worried about the one 8 miles from me. It is a painter's union and almost full.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

't know about ya'll, but I am starting to get real tired of all this crap.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Everyone did you notice the majority of these are being held at UNION HALLS.........

I'll most likely shit myself

I've been giving this topic a lot of thought the past few days reading thru everyone's post and the newer info coming in. The stuff below is nothing more than some senario's I've been considering. This is something I had to do for our EmComm group to build exercises from and tend to think like that at times.

I am starting to think that this crap will build and build thru the spring and early summer. Sometime mid to late summer something will kick off SHTF. Just in time for obummer to suspend the election. If it happens too soon, it'll be harder to manage all the way up to election day. Much later and not enough time to get the cause/effect started.

Again just thinking of possible senarios we could be facing. After all the stuff that went on in the mid east last year, I just don't feel real good about this coming summer.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I've been giving this topic a lot of thought the past few days reading thru everyone's post and the newer info coming in. The stuff below is nothing more than some senario's I've been considering. This is something I had to do for our EmComm group to build exercises from and tend to think like that at times.

I am starting to think that this crap will build and build thru the spring and early summer. Sometime mid to late summer something will kick off SHTF. Just in time for obummer to suspend the election. If it happens too soon, it'll be harder to manage all the way up to election day. Much later and not enough time to get the cause/effect started.

Again just thinking of possible senarios we could be facing. After all the stuff that went on in the mid east last year, I just don't feel real good about this coming summer.

This is one of the topics I meant to bring up the other day when we were on the phone talking. This is one of the senarios my friend from another state and I converse on a lot. We believe that Big O is looking at a variety of options to stall or suspend the election this year.
    As you state ; he'll probably start it out slowly and let it gain momentum while adding fuel to the fire. Just having the W. House as a bully pulpit along with T.V. ; radio ; newspapers ; left wing journalist ;Demo. party ; Soros ; black panthers and many many more including the U.N. ; We believe he thinks he has all his bases covered and the people will tow the line out of fear of reprisal form him or their peers.

We hope and pray we're wrong but the hair on the back of my neck won't lay down.
    I just pray that there's enough freedom in all of us to Steel Our Hearts to do the task that may rise before us.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Guys we are really starting to veer into the political and somewhat tinfoil aspects of this news story.

Please focus on what you are doing to prepare for it, not the whys and wherefores of what could happen.

Thanks
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Point well taken Stig. We all have our opinions on why, and I am sure you will be surprised that I have a few of my own! That being said, I refer back to my post above about situational awareness. I am always taking stock of my surroundings, especially in places like Wal Mart, shopping malls and even Costco, Home Depot and the like. I tend to shop more at mom and pop hardware stores and locally owned fruit and vegetable stands for my fresh produce (did I mention we're swimming in fresh strawberries right now?). This keeps me acquainted with the local farmers and establishes relationships which may be useful in a time of crisis and shortage.

I also have worked on upgrading my commo setups. GFRS, 2m and eXRS are now in my system as well as nextel from work. Two shortwave setups- Kaito solar powered with 7 NOAA channels, shortwave and AM/FM and my Sony shortwave. I'll be adding a CB soon.

I would also keep some rolls of quarters, dimes and half dollars available as well as paper currency. But mostly, I will be paying attention to the local news to look for indicators of when such protests/marches may occur.

By this time, many of us have our LTS and water etc in place. now is a good time to review and tweak your bug-in/bug-out options and strategies. But most of all, no matter what happens, remain calm and clear headed so that you are in a position to make well-informed decisions. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else can be done.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

CC Gray Panther
    Sorry Stig. Didn't realize it until I re - read my post after you posted. It does tend to veer.
    I'll make it a point to proof read before posting so as not to get off topic.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Eagle