Thread: The 'Doomsday shelter' being built below Kansas prairie

A laugh a minute

The 'Doomsday shelter' being built below Kansas prairie

Can you image living in this thing? It has a pool, movie theater, medical center, school, farm all inside it. Geez this preppen thing is going crazy.

The last resort? Developer builds luxury 'Doomsday shelters' in Kansas to see out the Apocalypse in style | Mail Online

was going to be a smart ass but went official instead
    Personally, I'd rather be in a cave on the side of a mountain than underground when the Apocalypse comes. Maybe because I live in earthquake country and strongly dislike the thought of being buried alive underground or flooded out from a tsunami. Although a cave can collapse and a mountain can crumble, I'd rather take my chances with that than being in a hole.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I personally prefer the modular as opposed to custom built. Probably cheaper too!

Missile Base Properties for Sale

Missile silos for sale
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Do you have a robot?
    If I am not mistaken all it takes to live there is about a million dollars. So do you want to be on top or on bottom? I agree with Foulball I would much rather have my own somewhere else.

A laugh a minute
    Ha $1 mill yea. And the people who pay that now might not even stay there. I think I am fine where I am at. If I had a million, I could dig a hole in my mountain and make my own in the side not the bottom. I prefer the side not top or bottom.

For the Love of Cats

Sounds like a place to get supplies, 1 year after SHTF

Can you imagine a whole community shoved together based on nothing other than the fact they had a million dollars at the time??

They'll start tearing themselves to pieces after a few days.

Where's the epi?

We looked for silos for sale where we would be the only ones but there was never any land to go with it. We found a couple that were actually not too badly priced and could have been designed kind of cool but couldn't get more than 8-10 acres with them. It would have been really neat but just didn't have everything we wanted. Boo Hoo.
    I apologize for nothing...

Walking on Sunshine

Saw that on the TV prepper show. Didn't see or hear if they had servants quarters attached. How will they be able to fix their own meals or cleanup after themselves? Sorry to be sarcastic but that's what I kinda thought too Sniper, when I saw that. Not to say they wouldn't be able to take care of themselves. Just a knee jerk reaction. I'll take my lumps for it.

Bacon Spam

am I the only one who has thought that you might happen upon this place in a PAW and really wonder what you would do to get inside or get the people out, I thought about taking a water tanker and flooding the air vents or simply starting a bon fire at each air vent and sucking all the air out, just cause they went into their expensive little hole and probably wouldn't let anyone common in ????

I don't have a sadistic mind, but just thinking

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    am I the only one who has thought that you might happen upon this place in a PAW and really wonder what you would do to get inside or get the people out...........
    I know how to get into these things, but until actual SHTF, I can't discuss it. It's not as hard as you think.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.