Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food grade containers on the cheap

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Food grade containers on the cheap

Thought I would throw this out there.

At work we get 5 gal containers of cooking oil at a time. I've started bringing these home and washing them out very thoroughly to use as water/ food storage.

They are food grade plastic, so food is safe in them

If you happen to know somebody that owns a eating establishment or happen to stop by one, you could probably talk them out of some of these for free.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A laugh a minute
    ask the people in the bakery dept. of your grocery store.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I like the shape of those... Square is much better than round for stowing. What is the bottom shaped like, does it "nest" so you can stack?

ep them in the original cardboard box I removed them from, yes, they would stack up rather nicely. Truth be told, I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. Now, I'll have to think about keeping them in the boxes. The boxes are semi-open up top so you can access the handle and mouth of the jug.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

The box would also protect from UV's. I need to check around at the local food joints that deep fry for some of these. Maybe Chinese ones.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

good idea! It looks sort of like milk jug type plastic, or is it more heavy duty for longterm use?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    good idea! It looks sort of like milk jug type plastic, or is it more heavy duty for longterm use?
    They are much more heavy duty than milk jugs. It's a little thicker.

Until I came along, they just threw these in the trash. Now I grab them and wash them out really well.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

They look like my water jugs from Honeyville.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

How bout putting down a row of them, then lay a sheet of 1/4-3/8" plywood over them for the next row?

Those are nice containers. My step dad worked at a card board box plant and they got ink in that same style container. He used to rbing them in and we used them for all kind of stuff. We didn't use them for food products though. There better than than the blue ones are,

Izzy does yours have a spout?

sadly, no spout.