Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer in the backyard.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Deer in the backyard.

I know we live in the sticks, but I was really excited when I saw these guys out last night. They were out on the back edge of the yard. Nice to know that I could get dinner from the yard if need be.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

And good dinner at that!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

A laugh a minute
    Now is the time to give them corn to eat. They are breeding and carrying little ones. They need extra food. Not to bait and kill them tho. They have babies.

I'm not much of a hunter anymore. It's not as much fun if they don't shoot back.........

Still, I wouldn't hesitate come SHTF and the family needed to eat.

I would much prefer to "shoot" them with the camera right now. Maybe one day I'll give hunting another try.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Here are some that hang out here: The one with DH giving him a kiss was our "pie" deer named Twister. He was our pet but someone killed him last year the first day of bow season. He was beautiful and very possessive. Didn't want the other deer to get too close to dh.

I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

if you help them out right now by feeding them... it will encourage them to stick close to your place

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    if you help them out right now by feeding them... it will encourage them to stick close to your place

I'll have to go get some feed. Thanks for the tip. I would like to keep them around. Some jackoff redneck will probably shoot them though.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Nothing better than seeing portable meals just running around. YUMMY.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Dh throws out shelled corn from the co-op. He'll yell "here deer deer deer deer" while shaking the bucket so they can hear the corn rattling and then bang on the bottom of the bucket 4 times and throw the corn all over the yard so they have to work at eating it, not putting it in piles or they eat it in minutes. It didn't take long for them to start coming when called and when he didn't throw it out they would about knock on the back door!! It's wonderful when they start having babies and bring them in the yard. Dh planted a couple of food plots with clover and also put out a mineral block but if you like your yard I would suggest putting the block further away because they will dig to China after a year or so! Enjoy them, they really are fun to watch and the kids will love to watch the babies run and jump like bunnies when they "get their legs".....
    I apologize for nothing...

Do you have a robot?
    My Aunt had a large piece of property with three hunting clubs on it. The only area that people could not hunt was about a 40 acre parcel that was mostly pasture that she had the foals on it. Well that was where the best feed was as well as some huge bucks. I can remember sitting on the back porch and watching those huge bucks come in and feed when I was small. The hunters would some times come to visit and have a drink. They would always come at the same time early evening and drool at the bucks. The corn is nice for short term it is the clover that will bring them in more permanently. Consider getting a hold of your county Ag department and find out what you can do to increase your herd and what to feed them to make them more healthy. The mineral blocks will help them health wise. Enjoy