Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new flashlight.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    sorry taz. not going to happen.

as of right now, the weapon is not being produced as far as I know.

IF it were, it would be considered an NFA (National Firearms Act) weapon. Meaning, since it has a barrel under 16 inches and has a stock on it, it is a Short Barreled Rifle. This requires a $200 Tax stamp from the ATF and about a 6-12 month wait time for approval. Also must be transferred through a Class 3 dealer.

That's IF the weapon is ever produced.
    Well shit fire damn I still want one and maybe can make one with a led flashlight and some duct tape and a radio. Help me out Magyver sniper with building one

For the Love of Cats

assuming that the mayans were incorrect with this too... it'll be at least another year before my machine shop is ready.

but... BUT... then!!!! mwahahahahahhaa

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Well shit fire damn I still want one and maybe can make one with a led flashlight and some duct tape and a radio. Help me out Magyver sniper with building one
    They are out there, give me a few minutes to find the link for them, its a cruder version thats not so refined, but I know for a fact they are out there. I just have to sort thru a assload of links in my favorites to find them!

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    sorry taz. not going to happen.

as of right now, the weapon is not being produced as far as I know.

IF it were, it would be considered an NFA (National Firearms Act) weapon. Meaning, since it has a barrel under 16 inches and has a stock on it, it is a Short Barreled Rifle. This requires a $200 Tax stamp from the ATF and about a 6-12 month wait time for approval. Also must be transferred through a Class 3 dealer.

That's IF the weapon is ever produced.
    Its not often I would wager that I can tell Izzy. . . "I think your wrong", but this is going to be one of them! Just razzing ya Izz! Much love to my fellow Gun Wikipedia Fanatic!

Taz Baby, Ladies and Gentleman. . . Allow me to introduce The UC Submachine Gun . The design as I said was actually from the early 80's, and is actually still available to the public as long as you can own a machine gun in your state (for the low low low price of $12,500!)

So without further adieu. . . . .

Full Auto Classics Unfold

ps, how sad is it that it took me 5 days of sorting thru gun links on my computer to actually find this?
    Last edited by Stormfeather; 04-20-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Its not often I would wager that I can tell Izzy. . . "I think your wrong", but this is going to be one of them! Just razzing ya Izz! Much love to my fellow Gun Wikipedia Fanatic!

Taz Baby, Ladies and Gentleman. . . Allow me to introduce The UC Submachine Gun . The design as I said was actually from the early 80's, and is actually still available to the public as long as you can own a machine gun in your state (for the low low low price of $12,500!)

So without further adieu. . . . .

Full Auto Classics Unfold

ps, how sad is it that it took me 5 days of sorting thru gun links on my computer to actually find this?

Right. I've seen that one. But Taz was talking about the MAgpul FMG-9. The FMG-9 isn't on the market and still in prototype stage.

SO.....I was right on the Magpul end. You were correct in there being another arm similar. Everyone wins.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Ahh, yes, we all win at that point! I knew the guys over at MagPul werent putting the FMG-9 into production, (or are they?) But I was thinking since she couldnt own the FMG-9, she could at least own the firearm that spawned it!

We all win! (except Taz Baby when she shells out $15000.00 for that UC-9)

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Ahh, yes, we all win at that point! I knew the guys over at MagPul werent putting the FMG-9 into production, (or are they?) But I was thinking since she couldnt own the FMG-9, she could at least own the firearm that spawned it!

We all win! (except Taz Baby when she shells out $15000.00 for that UC-9)
    Well that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I may want it real bad but spending that much on a toy is not practical at this point. I have more expensive things to buy as far as prepping goes. Like building a house and getting everything running off the land, as in wind, solar, water, animals, grain to feed them, pens, ect. If I want to live like "Little House on the Prairie" then I have to spend money to get there. But I really really want that GUN. At this point the needs over power the wants. But one day I will get it because what Taz wants Taz gets sooner or later.

Taz Baby, I think you'd be better served by a Sterling SMG. They also fold up nice and small, but have a well-known track record of reliability. There is a guy making new ones here in WI, and older ones floating around the market, as well.