There is a local thing here, affectionately known as a Manitoba Christmas tree...

when you go to the LC (liquor store), they often have little demo bottles hooked onto the neck of the real bottles. Seems that some people, will take a pile of them, hook them all onto one bottle and buy the bottle.

I've always made sure to have one on every bottle I buy, but had never thought of this until a while back, when I read about it on another forum

I've tried it twice, and not been given any flack either time. I have a friend that manages one of the stores, so I asked him about it

to Paraphrase: They don't give a shit, but don't like when people go too overboard. They see those little bottles as a huge waste of time. They come in large boxes as demos, and the staff has to clip them into the holder, and clip the holder onto the bottle. and if it is a week long promo, at the end of the week, they have to remove them, and store them for who knows how long.

stopped by the local LC on the way home a while ago, and while looking for some addons, I came accross these. 200 ml of crown. They were hooked onto the 66 pounders of crown, but it looked just fine hanging on my bottle of Rum.

the little fellas are adding up:

Out of all the neighbours that I hang out with, I am the only one in the city on a regular basis, So I often get a call to stop at CanTire for this, or PA for that, etc... or the Liquor store. So, making sure I have a spare bottle on everything I can every chance I can, is starting to add up nicely. Yes, I take the little bottle and keep it!

Rum:

whiskey and vodka: