Thread: A visitor in my office

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

A visitor in my office

I had someone drop in to say Hi today-an alligator lizard! The desert sure is fun!

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

cool. what do they taste like?

I'll most likely shit myself

My bet is chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    My bet is chicken.

Naw, they taste like possum! Chuckwallas taste like chicken!

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Do you have a robot?
    Something about them that I don't like............ don't really like snakes either. But then again anything with a little garlic, butter and white wine can be tolerated.....

For the Love of Cats

^
    Now you're talkin!

Most of the 'visitors' I get around here are of the 4-legged and furry, or 2-legged and winged variety. Almost all are both edible and delicious. I'm just curious Grump... after SHTF, down there in the desert, how much of the local wildlife is edible and palatable?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    Now you're talkin!

Most of the 'visitors' I get around here are of the 4-legged and furry, or 2-legged and winged variety. Almost all are both edible and delicious. I'm just curious Grump... after SHTF, down there in the desert, how much of the local wildlife is edible and palatable?
    Really one heck of a lot. Although the valley floor has mostly been converted to farmland where I live, the surrounding mountains have quail, chukar, shrikes, boat-tailed grackles,etc. There are also coastal deer (whitetail and blacktail a little farther north) a variety of snakes, lizards, fish in the reservoirs and mountain streams and............citrus and avocados abound. I'm sure the oats would carry over with some volunteers. We also have plenty of cottontails and squirrels, gophers (did I mention I hate gophers?) feral cats, feral dogs, wild hogs, javelina, prickly pear (nopales and fruit). That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a lot more. Water is the key in the desert, so if you think I'm obsessed with water, it's because I am!

Quo Vadis?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Really one heck of a lot. Although the valley floor has mostly been converted to farmland where I live, the surrounding mountains have quail, chukar, shrikes, boat-tailed grackles,etc. There are also coastal deer (whitetail and blacktail a little farther north) a variety of snakes, lizards, fish in the reservoirs and mountain streams and............citrus and avocados abound. I'm sure the oats would carry over with some volunteers. We also have plenty of cottontails and squirrels, gophers (did I mention I hate gophers?) feral cats, feral dogs, wild hogs, javelina, prickly pear (nopales and fruit). That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a lot more. Water is the key in the desert, so if you think I'm obsessed with water, it's because I am!
    This sounds like one heck of a menu to me!