Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living

Crotch Rocket

The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living

I haven't read it yet, I don't know if its any good, but I found it at Barnes & Noble for $10, so I thought I'd pass that bit of info along. Its normally $30. It has sections on beekeeping, canning and preserving, cheese making, disaster preparedness, fermenting, growing vegetables, keeping chickens, raising livestock, and soap making.

I'll let you all know how it is after I get into it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

Sounds cool. will have to keep an eye out for that online! (free PDF's anyone?)

who is the author?

A laugh a minute
    on phone now but will look for it asap. Express files is what I use to find pdf files. If anyone finds pdf info put it on the thread I started. I have sat in BAM and looked through that book. It is a great book but to me not worth $30. 10 Is a deal. I would pay that.

For the Love of Cats

BAM??? Barnes and Noble?
    ???

A laugh a minute
    BAM= Books-A-Million book store

Barnes and Noble book store

I'll most likely shit myself

I've went thru it before. Lots of information in it. But i have several books that touch to some degree or other on most all the topics covered. So I never picked it up. It does look promising.

A laugh a minute
    OKhttp://express-files.com/ has the free pdf file on "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living" by Abigail R. Gehring. I can't find it anywhere else, sorry. You have to download express files and you type in The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Country Living and it will come up. Then just download it. Express files is easy and free to find any free pdf file that you are looking for . I use it for all my research and downloads.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I have it in a pdf file. I'll go back and retrieve the link for the free download.

ETA: The Encyclopedia of Country Living: An Old Fashioned Recipe Book - PDF eBook Free DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 04-24-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

That isn't the link I wanted. But, PM me your e-mail and I'll send the pdf, if your e-mail will take it; its about 37 Mb.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

I've tried Zipping the file but I can't get it down to an e-mail size. It is just too big. 25Mb is the limit on my yahoo and gmail accounts. If anybody has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Quo Vadis?