Thread: Look at what I found today

I'll most likely shit myself

Look at what I found today

I am really embarassed to put this out here, but I thought maybe someone else would benifit from it.
    I was clearing out a storage closet under our steps in the basement today and ran across 2 large boxes under a bunch of Christmas stuff. I pulled them out and opened up case 1. I had bought a case of #10 cans from Ready Made Resources of the following, Butter powder, Shortning powder, blueberry pancake mix, non fat milk pwder, & baking soda.
    Case 2 had 48 MRE Entree's with heaters. I did lose 2 boxes of datrex meal blocks to mice. Nothing else had been damaged. I had totally forgotten about getting this stuff. Dates on them showed they were purchased in the summer of 1999, just in time for Y2K. Where these were stored has always been dark and temps constant between 45-75 degrees.

I decided to pull out more stuff and see what else I had forgotten. I found 15 cases of quart mason jars a friend had gave us. Alnog with a pressure canner still in the box with everything included. A 2 gallon steel stock pot. And the best find of all, I had put a ammo can with 500rd's of .223 ammo from back then.
    Needless to say I am a very happy boy this evening. I figured if I bought all this stuff at today's prices It would cost at least $500. I bet I don't have $200 in it.
    I will be sorting thru the rest of our storage spots before long. No tellin what else I have forgotten.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's a cool find.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Nice Brother! That's an awesome find
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Now if you just could find the 5 gold bars you hid around there as well.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks guys.
    Rj If I had bought 5 gold bars I would probably sleep near them.
    After thinkin on this overnight, I think I should have some med supplies and other goodies I ordered back then. maybe more food as well. I can't remember what all I got back then, but I don't recall eating any of it.