Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Bug Out Bags" Defined

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    yeah, they clean up brush well, but everything else too. given time, they will level a forest (not unlike cattle); but, unlike cattle they need a heck of a lot more than a couple rails for a fence. They seem to take pride in getting out of anything or on top of everything. I'm still working on the chicken tractor thing, trying to sell her on the goodness of fresh eggs/meat; but I do spend time away from home during the summer, and it would fall to her to watch, water, feed, defend, our critters, and that's where my battle is lost. SHTF, and I am home always, np, I could get started in just about anything from local farmers, and my chores would be establishe, but now, it just isn't feasible. Livestock just isn't in the cards at this point.

and I've eaten goat too, and quite enjoy it. It is a food staple in Greece.

And back on topic... after she gets back... one day out of the blue, I'm going to surprise her and take an emergency call, giving us 5 minutes to evac. A realistic scenario right now. we'll see how she does... and if I can use that to inspire her into setting up her own BOB.
    Hang on I'll give you my # cause I wanna watch the whole thing this is going to be good, the best part's going to be when you get to tell her the truth................but yeah it could work. I would gladly pay for the gas to "OH Canada" to take notes and video, then I'll narrate, you can do the "re-enactment". Sound good?

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

works for me BWRR! lol

considering that we've been on notice twice in the last month, it isn't a stretch.

A stretch is what she'll do to my scrotum when she ties my testicles up around my ears.

*shifts uncomfortably*

But it'll be worth it if it opens her eyes about prepping even a little bit more.

I hope...

Bacon saver

But sometimes that's what it takes with some people. (The real thing)and that's when it's too late. Pulling a drill on her will get her pissed off but it still might work. "Gut check " I do hope it all works out for you, seriously.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

GunnerMax
    Due to the ban of firearms and weapons where I work, I dont always have an EDC. But I will have a GHB once I get back. I will make a BOB for my wife, daughter, and myself. The BOB will be more along the lines of a INCH bag as I will need to go from Point "A" to point "B," with the certainty that my apartment will not be there when I get back (proximity to 5 military bases makes it a prime place to get attacked, burned down, or have the gangbangers take over the neighborhood)

My fighting load will be able to be used as a BOB if needed (why you guys say I like too many magazines.)