Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overlooked handy tools? (Inspired by Stig's Pruner thread)

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Overlooked handy tools? (Inspired by Stig's Pruner thread)

What are your handy tools that you have found to work and work well?

This is a nice little saw to have around. With the curved blade it cuts well on the pull stroke for over head work and I'm sure it would work as a bone saw in a pinch. It's a CORONA RS 7265 10" FOLDING RAZOR TOOTH SAW CURVED BLADE and It also comes in a 7'' blade.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice saw. I have the same one. I've used it for 2-3 years and it is very effective and cuts as well now as it did the first time. I keep it in my BOV for possible use there, but I pull it out to use quite often.

Here's a piece of gear I found several years ago that works very well.

97THM : TWO HANDED MACHETE

I have used it to cut everything from honeysuckle vines to corn stalks (why I got it in the first place) to your typical brush and small trees (up to 3"). It has held up very well to all the use I have put it thru. It needs sharpening now, but it has held a good edge so far.

I think if push came to shove it would make a fine weapon.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    I've got the two handed Panga,love it.Good review of these type of blades.

Zombie Squad • View topic - Cold Steel two handed machetes review - all of them

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I carry a Gerber multi-tool, a CS Spetznatz shovel and a ratcheting Stanley screwdriver with 8 bits in the handle. It also doubles as a 5/16" nut driver.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Good point Grumpy. I have a couple of Klein 11-1 pliers. Multiple bits, flat, phillips, allen, and 3 nut drivers. I may need to consider that a little more closely. Here's a link:

Screwdriver/Nut Driver, 11-In-1 - Multi-Bit Screwdrivers - Screwdrivers and Nutdrivers - 2RKT1 : Grainger Industrial Supply

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Good point Grumpy. I have a couple of Klein 11-1 pliers. Multiple bits, flat, phillips, allen, and 3 nut drivers. I may need to consider that a little more closely. Here's a link:

Screwdriver/Nut Driver, 11-In-1 - Multi-Bit Screwdrivers - Screwdrivers and Nutdrivers - 2RKT1 : Grainger Industrial Supply
    Hahahaha... I've got the same one too and have had it for about 8 year... All the drivers are still in good shape but the smaller Phillips got zapped when I was installing an outlet live and touched ground with the side of the driver. One of the four fins is completely gone but it still works and works well.

Yeah I've used one at work for 4+ years. I was so impressed with them I got 2 for the house, one for my electrical tool belt, the other is in a tool bag in the camper.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 05-01-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Thinks it might be German

I've come to really like my Gerber Shard. When I first got it I was on the fence, but it has proven itself enough times that I consider it essential EDC and lives on my key ring.
    The pry bar won't do much for pulling nails, but it's enough to get the elevator doors parted enough to get your fingers in. (Tried this at work) I was also able to remove a door hinge with the Phillips head. It won't cut down a tree, but....many a Guiness and Corona have fallen prey to the bottle opener.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Nice, I like that.
    That would make one hell of a self defence weapon,on the end of that lanyard.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

You've got to love Klein tools. I've used their nut drivers 5-in-one and phillips screwdrivers for more than a dozen years and love them, The reason I mentioned the 5/16" is that I've found, over the years, that it is the one that grows legs and escapes in the misguided thought that it is not serving in humble dignity and requires "liberation".
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com